Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#84099] Post 1930 parish records

Gjest Robert L. Evensen
 Del

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Is there a date when parish birth and death records after 1930 will begin to appear? It seems the records are there but not available due to privacy laws. I thought the restriction was 75 years, but in most cases the data is still not available. Perhaps I am wrong with this date, which is why I ask when new records will be forthcoming? Thanks,Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Information about adoption in Norway has been put under restriction for 100 years. The law was changed in 1935, and due to the fact that children adopted in 1936 and the years after could be born before 1935, we have closed the baptismal records back to Jan. 1, 1930. The 1930 lists will - in theory - be opened in 2031.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert L. Evensen

Thank you for clarifying the law. I had not thought of the issue of adoption. I understand how it affects birth records, but what about death records where the parents' names are not given?Robert

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.