Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Erland Olsen (Dahl) of (Lom/Oppland)

Donna Davis
 Del

Erland's Father was Ole Erlandsen(my Great-great Grandfather) born on 23/8/1818, and his Mother was Britte Elevsdatter (My Great-great Grandmother) born in 1819?

They had five children: Anne Olsdatter born on 8/10/1850 in Lom, Mari Olsdatter born on 27/1/1885 in Lom, 'Ronnaug Olsdatter born on 12/--/1857 born in Luster and recorded in Lom Parish, Erland Olsen and Ellev Olsen born on 9/11/1863 in Luster and recorded in Lom Parish.

My Great Grandfather on my mother's side was born Erland Olsen on 28/10/1860 in Lyster. He took the name Dahl in the U.S. when he emigrated in 1886. He died on 20/1/1921. (Dates are as used in Norway.)

My Great Gandmother on my mother's side was Live Knudsdatter born on 26/2/1856 in Lom Parish. She died on 21/3/1934.

They had four children born in Lom Parish, one of whom died shortly after birth. They were Ole, Brit (Bertha), 'Synne' (Sena), and Knudt; all born in Lom Parish. They had seven children after they came to the U.S.: two died in childbirth. The other five were: Oscar Erland Dahl, Selma Alvida Dahl, Luella Dahl, Alfred Dahl and Lillian Dahl.

My cousin, Ardell, and I are interested in finding living relatives to reconnect with family who are still living in Norway. I would welcome an e-mail from any living relatives.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I recommend that you send an e-mail to the local newspapers, explaining your wishes. In Lom that will be 'redaksjon(at)fjuken(dot)no'. In Luster, I guess Sogn Avis is the correct one. Try 'redaksjon(at)sognavis(dot)no'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You may also post the inquiry at the Slektsforum DIS-Norge, because this site is divided by county and parish so that other people specially interested in Lom and / or Luster will be alerted when you have questions (in this forum it is smart to give the place name in the heading).

For Lom municipality there is a "bygdebok", and you will find Erland and Live in Volume 4 (published 2007) page 108. There is a cross-reference system in these books, so it is possible to trace family links within the parish. Somebody will have the books and be able to help.

Luster municipality does also have very good bygdebooks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1875,Rustadalen in Lom.

Ole Erlandsen and Britte Ellevsdatter and their children Nils and Torø:

http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1875&knr=0514&kenr=005&bnr=0069&lnr=00

Thorø was born 5 april 1873:

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=6072&idx_id=6072&uid=ny&idx_side=-58

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070115620558.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I recommend that you send an e-mail to the local newspapers, explaining your wishes. In Lom that will be 'redaksjon(at)fjuken(dot)no'. In Luster, I guess Sogn Avis is the correct one. Try 'redaksjon(at)sognavis(dot)no'.

Thank you so much, I will do that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You may also post the inquiry at the Slektsforum DIS-Norge, because this site is divided by county and parish so that other people specially interested in Lom and / or Luster will be alerted when you have questions (in this forum it is smart to give the place name in the heading).

For Lom municipality there is a "bygdebok", and you will find Erland and Live in Volume 4 (published 2007) page 108. There is a cross-reference system in these books, so it is possible to trace family links within the parish. Somebody will have the books and be able to help.

Luster municipality does also have very good bygdebooks.

Thank you for the information. One must be a member to get on the slektsforum, I can only use the forum of arkiverket. Are the bygdeboks available to someone outside of Norway? The Nes/Hedmark/Hamar bygdeboks are not.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

No, Donna, you don't have to be a DIS member, but you have to register the same way as you do on this Forum.

All books are available outside Norway through interlibrary loans, which is free in Norway. In the US, i believe The Norwegian American Genealogical Center & Naeseth Library in Madison, WI do have the Lom books.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for your kind reply to my inquiry. I was unaware that there were other children born to Ole Erlandsen. This will help in my search for living relatives. Ole Erlandsen was my grandmother Synne's grandfather. Someone from the family made a visit to Norway, but I do not know when.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

I believe it was Ole Erlandsen Rustdalen born on 23 August 1818.

His father was Erland Olsen possibly born in 1783.

Erland Olsen's father was Ole Erlandsen possibly born in 1748.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Thank you so much for this information. I have found that Nils Olsen married Marie Nilsdatter and they had two children: Olaf Nilsen and Edrun Nilsdatter:

Olaf Nilsen Born 23/9/1888, married Inga Johannesdatter Born 28/7/1882 and had a son Nils Olafsen Born 13/9/1907 (Dates as in Norway)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider