Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Emigration of Ole Olsen Engen and Signhild Brox

Patsy Johnson
 Del

Ole Olsen Engen and Signhild Brox are found in Norway Marriages, 1660-1926, on microfilm #307182, page 194, getting married 25 May 1864 in Tromso,Troms,Norway. This couple is found in the 1880 USA Federal Census in Auburn, Chippewa County, Wisconsin with 5 boys, Odin,the oldest born 1868 in Wisconsin, and my great grandfather, Emil Engen, b.October 1871, also Wisconsin.

I have not been able to find the Utflyttede for this couple between their marriage in 1864 and their arrival in Wisconsin in 1868 or before. Ole Olsen Engen was from Opdal,Sor-Trondelag, born 20 Jan 1833 on microfilm #126,752, page 85, entry 29. Signhild Elisabeth Marie Brox, christened 17 May 1835 in Tromso,Troms,Norway. I was unable to find them in the 1865 Census either. I do not know about her family other than her father was Tollef Brox and her mother was Lorenthine.

I would be so grateful for help in finding any other evidence of them and their travels. I also would like to know more about Signhild's ancestry.

Thank you for your interest.

Patsy Johnson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

Ole Olsen Engen and Signhild Brox are found in Norway Marriages, 1660-1926, on microfilm #307182, page 194, getting married 25 May 1864 in Tromso,Troms,Norway. This couple is found in the 1880 USA Federal Census in Auburn, Chippewa County, Wisconsin with 5 boys, Odin,the oldest born 1868 in Wisconsin, and my great grandfather, Emil Engen, b.October 1871, also Wisconsin.

I have not been able to find the Utflyttede for this couple between their marriage in 1864 and their arrival in Wisconsin in 1868 or before. Ole Olsen Engen was from Opdal,Sor-Trondelag, born 20 Jan 1833 on microfilm #126,752, page 85, entry 29. Signhild Elisabeth Marie Brox, christened 17 May 1835 in Tromso,Troms,Norway. I was unable to find them in the 1865 Census either. I do not know about her family other than her father was Tollef Brox and her mother was Lorenthine.

I would be so grateful for help in finding any other evidence of them and their travels. I also would like to know more about Signhild's ancestry.

Thank you for your interest.

Patsy Johnson

See # 23 for Signhilds family

http://www.troms-slekt.com/brox.htm#23

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider