Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Andrew Anderson

Terjen
 Del

For en tid siden etterlyste jeg en person i dette fora, men det var nok i det gamle fora. Deretter sendte jeg den via en slektsforsker i Australia, og nå flere år senere fikk jeg denne e-posten:

Er det noen som har mer info her hjemme?

I hope you do not mind this email. I found your email address on Genealogy.com.

I am fairly new to researching the family tree and it was quite exciting to find the details of contact made between Mr John van Haeften and Juliana Bannister on Genealogy.com in 2008 regarding Andrew Anderson. These postings mention your name and Juliana Bannister suggested I contact you. To date Andrew Anderson has been a mystery.

My name is Ian Sampson and I live in Tasmania Australia. Andrew Anderson was my great grandfather and am currently trying to fill in some gaps in our family tree. I am currently unable to go any further back than Andrew Anderson when he arrived in Bairnsdale Australia. I have had no luck confirming how he got to Australia or finding any details of his parents. Mum has a copy of the marriage certificate of Andrew to Jane Bertram in Bairnsdale Victoria Australia, however this has not proved much use.

I do believe he had a sister Maree (or Marie or Maria) who left Norway to live in Thief River Falls in Minnesota USA.

The details I have for him are

Andrew Anderson

Born: 06 Oct 1862 Bergen??? Norway

Died: 17 July 1943 Melbourne Australia

Married: Jane Rebecca Bertram 09 Mar 1892 in Bairnsdale Victoria Australia

Any assistance you can give with information or leads to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding his/our family.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and I would be grateful of any assistance you can give.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Funnet på Genforum.

Utdrag fra lenken:

From reliable source in Norway:

parents were Lorenz Michael Arnesen and Gjertina Andrea Anderson. There was a fix on his birthday in Bergen. Andrew changed his name during his trip to Australia. Ship records are now be searched for full confirmation.

However, it must be Andrew.

Greetz,

John van Haeften

Netherlands

http://genforum.genealogy.com/norway/messages/13077.html

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider