Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Abbreviation in 1910 Census

Kristie
 Del

Hello! I used the database for the first time and found my great-grandfather's family in the 1910 Census. However, there is one family member that has a strange abbreviation by her name: "Pleied" for her family position. This abbreviation is not listed on the "Abbreviations and Special Signs" page. What does this mean? Here is the page: http://da.digitalarkivet.no/ft/person/pf01036543005559/ Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Kristie in Hawthorne, NJ USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi. It is not an abbreviation, it just means 'taken care of'. Most likely, she was supported by her family. I hope this helps.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Pleied is likely an abbreviation for Pleie datter which is Foster Daughter. The definiton for Pleiebarn is "Foster child - child under 14 years old placed in foster home".

In my experience pleie barn often have some connection to the family with which they are living. And it seems very unusual that Rut Margit, born in Christiania would have been placed with a foster family in Arendal if there was no connection to that family. Don't think it logical that she would have been placed in Arendal if there wasn't a connection.

Adele

Camrose, Alberta

Canada

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.