Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Translation please - Annotasjonsrulle

Beg Clonrode
 Del

1. column: "Patent No., udstedt og gjældende til" - "Patent number, issued to and valid until"

3. column: "Thinglag (Kjøpstad), Rode no., Opholdssted" - Location (in several degrees of detail)

6. colums . "Spceielle Oplysninger om Udskrevet eller Fremmed, Overførsel, Udslettelse m.m." - I don't understand the technical details here, but it's a column for additional information.

As for the third coulmn in entry 1251, the useful information is the address, Pilestredet no. 4. "R. 29" means "Rode 29", which I think translates into "ward 29". The last line is not clear to me, it may look like "Lh. 72" - apprartment no. 72, but I'm not sure.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The last line is not clear to me, it may look like "Lh. 72" - apprartment no. 72, but I'm not sure.

As far as I can see, it says sp. List. 72, which might be special list No. 72.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello again,

Thanks very much for the help.

The "Hovedrulle" has a column with the words "Rode-No" in it. Børge Solem translates it as:

"6th column (Om indført i Udskrivningsrulle, Rode-No) this is a reference to a transfer to another roll"

http://www.norwayheritage.com/articles/templates/genealogy.asp?articleid=4&zoneid=2

Could column No.3 of the "Annotasjonsruller" have a similar meaning.

Thanks again

Beg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

"6th column (Om indført i Udskrivningsrulle, Rode-No) this is a reference to a transfer to another roll"

My understanding is that "Reference to a transfer to another roll" refers to "Om indført i Udskrivningsrulle", and the explanation of "Rode-No" is omittted.

Especially in this context, the division into "Kjøbstad, Rode, Ophold", tells me that this should be a geographic element. A "rode" is a local part of a city, including several streets.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again...

Thanks very much again.

Could I ask two more favours :-)

i) Would you mind translating the following column headings

Bammonstret

Afmonfiret eller afgaaet

Ovor.

ii) As there is only one voyage noted for Entry no.1251 (Eduard PETTERSEN) does that normally mean he left the navy or jumped ship after his first voyage.

Thanks again

Beg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The headings for those columns are:

"Paamønstret" and "Afmønstret eller afgaaet".

I am not familiar with the terms used in this context, but basically "påmønstring" means to sign on (perhaps in this context to report for service as crew on a ship). "Avmønstring" is the opposite; to sign off (or in this context perhaps the end of a crew's contract aboard a ship).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Incidentally, the entries are divided further into columns and I wasn't sure of you needed those translated as well (they are pretty straightforward I guess):

For the first column the subdivided columns are: Datum (date), Skib (ship), Fra (from) and Til (to)

And for the second column: Datum (date), Hvor (where).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks very much Ken.

Would you like to have a guess at the name of the ship and the destination for Entry no.1251

It looks like the Path?, leaving Christiania and heading to ?

Thanks

Beg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider