Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

When Jacob Jacobsen died ?

Jean RUFFIE
 Del

I begin to know a lot of things about this Jacob, but not when and where he died.

He was born 22/10/1790 in Bye near Vardal, married 30/1/1822 with Anne Mathea Gundersdatter(25/3/1801 Halmrast,Hoff - 25/8/1854 Ringstad,Hoff ?).

His parents are Jacob Hansen Bye(13/3/1763-25/4/1845) married 11/6/1784 with Cecilia Holbye(28/9/1761-10/11/1795).

His family is in the 1801 census and they lived in Bye.

I know it's "Utflyttar" 9/7/1844 from Vardal to Kristiania at the age of 54, and a pass to Amerika 11/6/1857 at the age of 67.

I found nothing about his dead in Vardal's kirkebok.

They are others Jacob Jacobsen around Vardal in the same period:

-his son (17/1/1826 - ?) married, present in 1865 census at Dalsødegaarden,Vardal, snedker.

-a relative(by the grand-grand-father) from Braastad,Vardal (4/2/1798-29/4/1830), so 8 years younger.

If you have some others informations about him, thanks a lot.(a picture maybe ?)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I know it's "Utflyttar" 9/7/1844 from Vardal to Kristiania at the age of 54, and a pass to Amerika 11/6/1857 at the age of 67.

I found nothing about his dead in Vardal's kirkebok.

If he had a pass to America, he might died in America? And not in Vardal.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If he had a pass to America, he might died in America? And not in Vardal.

Thanks Hanne

I thought the same of course, but I found nothing in the passengers lists to Amerika.

On the other hand, he was 67 years old and no one from the family was in Amerika, as I know. So I am not sure he went to Amerika.

Hilsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This is what I know about Jacob Jacobsen Bye:

Quote from Vardal bygdebok I, Gård og slekt i Vardal, page 71:

"Jakob Jakobsen var f. 1790, g.m. Anne Mathea Halmrast fra Land. De hadde flere barn: Cesilia, Agnete, Gunnar, Katrine, Ingeborg, Anne Matea, Hans og Jakob, g. til Land. De fleste flyttet ut av bygden.

1822 skjøtet han (faren Jakob Hansen Bye) gården (hovedbølet) til sønnen Jakob, mens broren Ole fikk Sønsteby (søndre By).

Jakob var storkar og selskapsmann, så det gikk fort nedover bakke. Han måtte selge fra gården bl.a. Ytterset, Byseter og Lundby. I 1839 solgte han gården til Hovel Evensen Ambjør, g.m. Karen Pedersdtr. Mjølstad."

(Jakob Jakobsen was born 1790, married to Anne Mathea Halmrast from Land. They had several children: Cesilia, Agnete, Gunnar, Katrine, Ingeborg, Anne Matea, Hans and Jakob, married to Land. Most of them moved out of the district.

In 1822 he took over the farm from this father Jakob Hansen Bye, whereas his brother Ole got Sønsteby (Bye South).

Jakob lived in a big way and was "a bon vivant", so it went rapidly downhill. He had to sell away from the farm a.o. Ytterset, Byseter and Lundby. In 1839 he sold the farm to Hovel Evensen Ambjør, married to Karen Pedersdtr, Mjølstad.)

Jakob (or Jacob) Jacobsen was the half-brother of my great-great-grandfather, so I have not yet found out more about him. I have concentrated on my great-great-grandfather's lineage.

Kari Horn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Many thanks Kari

I am pleased to know you are a half great-great-great cousine with my wife.

Your relative is certainly a son of Jacob Hansen Bye and Anne Osdater.

I send you this little part of the family tree, if you are interest I can send you more about the lineage.

Part of tree

Hilsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Many thanks Kari

I am pleased to know you are a half great-great-great cousine with my wife.

Your relative is certainly a son of Jacob Hansen Bye and Anne Osdater.

I send you this little part of the family tree, if you are interest I can send you more about the lineage.

Part of tree

Hilsen

Hello Jean,

Thank you very much for your family tree! And for the information that I have a half great-great-great cousin in Paris! How did she end up there? I see that you do not have all the dates of our forefathers, so I attach three different family trees. The file 'image 000 Jukan' has very small print, that's why I made the others. Most of the information I have found on the internet: 'www.runes Webområde', go to Slekt and Surnames, and 'www.Gjøvik og Toten slektshistorielag, go to Kilder, Kirkebøker. They also have the page in English version. Or maybe you already know about these sites.

If or when I find out more about these people, I shall let you know.

Greetings to my half-cousin three times removed!

Kari H

Forfedre Nils Jacob Jacobsen.pdf

Report Jukam.pdf

post-173-0-51591100-1316970553_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Kari

I had to work with this news informations, I have just finish. I think it's better to stop this thread now, because we don't write more about the subject in the title of this post.

I will send you a file with a private e-mail.

Hilsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider