Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Hans Rolfsen Ryen/Rÿa 1801 census

Valhalla
 Del

Hello,

I am trying to find Hans Rolfsen (born around June 3, 1759 in Lunner, Oppland) in the 1801 census. I have tried numerous searches by name, partial name, his children, the farm name, etc. but no luck.

In 1801 I believe he still would have been living on the Ryen/Rÿa, Jevnaker, Oppland farm. He married his 2nd wife (Giertrud Helgesdatter)on April 11, 1799 in Jevnaker and their first two children were born on the Ryen/Rÿa farm as well: Helge Hansen (b. Nov. 24, 1799) and Elling Hansen (b. Feb. 21, 1802).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Rya farms are not in the 1801 Census. They are not in the Jevnaker/Lunner census and not in the Gran census.

But surely people lived there, both before and after 1801, and during the census.

I suspect that some other families lack in the census as well, both in Jevnaker and in Gran

I have tried to "reconstruct" the Rya census. At least 4 families are there

Hans Rolfsen lives there in 1801, with his second wife Gjertrud Helgesdtr. Hans died in 1827, Gjertrud is still alive in 1845.

Hans has three children alive in 1801, and gets 7 more children after 1801

Hans Rolfsen was born at Molden farm in Gran 1759, bapt. Monday after Whitsunday (= 2. Pinsedag), parents: Rolf Ellingsen Molden and Guri Tordsdtr from Sørum in Gran

If you'll send me an e-mail adress to per.jacob.desserud@helse-mr.no, I'll forward you much more about the family.

Sincerely,

Per Jacob Desserud. Løvika 43, 6013 Ålesund. Norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider