Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

The family Daae in Trondheim - earliest history about 1600

Elin Galtung Lihaug
 Del

Jeg poster dette på vegne av Anders Daae, Nederland:

Facts:

1. In ‘Hvem var Hvem 2 ’, - Trondhjems borgerskap 1680- 1730 I discovered the following data:

• 760, 12e rode: Jonas Effuertsen (Daae), lived in the same house as Jens Christenssøn Mørch and his wife, as “tilholder”, with his wife Kirsten Hansdatter, his mother in law, his(?) son Anders, and his daughter Kirsten (*1687). Jonas’ former wife was Kirsten Jensdatter.

• 573, 10e rode. Jens Nielsen Mørch

• Peder Olluffsen Mørch lives in the Jomfrugaden

• Niels Mørch In the library of the university of Trondheim is a seal collection.
    There is a seal with a coat of arms of N.E.S.M. (Niels Mørch) of 1781. [1781:07:01, film F II 2714 nr 0999]

In the “Risnes bygdabok” we can read that Riisnaesgaard (Masfjorden) was possession of the son of the bishop of Bergen, Jens Pedersen Schjelderup, in that time: Thomas Schjelderup. In 1668 Anders Mørch lived there as tenant.

The family Skielderup was related with the family Helkant and Hoff, later on via the vicars wife Parelius with the family Mørch

After the death in 1688 of Jonas Evertsen (Effuertsen) Daae in Trondheim, magister Simon Hoff in Trondhjem became guardian for Anders, who was born in 1680, It was usual that the guardianship was chosen in the family.

Magister Simon Simonsen Hoff (~1634-1708) was married (14-10-1662, Vor Frue kirke in Trondhjem) with Karen Nielsdatter Schjelderup.

Anders Daae 1680-1763

Question 1

What is the origin of the name ‘Anders’ in the tradition of the history of the family Daae in Norway?

Question 2

Because
Anders
was not a specific Daa(e)-name, so:
  • 2a: Was Anders a son of Kirsten Jensdatter, who was first married with a member of the Mørch family, or was Jonas Effuertsen first a widower with a son of a lady of the Mørch family?

• 2b: Why was Simon Hoff guardian of Anders if he was no family?

Gregers Daa was still alive (+1712) when Jonas Effuertsen Daae died.

Possible Conclusions

With the knowledge that guardians usually are recruited among family members it will be certain that Anders must be related with the Hoff/ Schjelderup families.

Anders was an orphan and in that case his mother Kirsten Jensdatter (Schjelderup?) was first married with a man who’s name was Anders (Mørch?).

Anders became adopted by Jonas Effuertsen (the ”Hollændsk skipper”) and Anders called then himself Anders Jonasson and afterwards Anders Jonasson Daae.

So Anders is a Mørch name.

I think the proof is the genealogy of the family Mørch.

Anders Daae would be thankful if anyone would comment on his questions and/or conclusions here in the forum.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Anders, you are raising some interesting questions here, involving the Daae and Mørch-families, which also may relate to the Zwilgmeyer and Munthe families, and it appears you may know a lot more that could lead this on to the right track. To start with, the first Anders Daae i know about in Norway was the priest you mention (1680-1763). He married Birgitta Munthe (1686-1770), a descendant of bishop Ludvig Munthe, and the name Ludvig is also appearant in the following generations of the Daae family in Norway. Anders became a rich landowner after he came as a priest to Vik in Sogn in 1708. A descendant named Aagaat Daae published an overview of the Daae family in Norway in 1917, but unfortunately I do not have a copy of this. Maybe it can be found somewhere, unless you don't have it already.

The Mørch family you are referring to may or may not be descendants of the tax collector Jens Nielsen Mørch in Århus in Denmark. He had a son Jens Jensen Mørch who was a priest in Brovst in Denmark in the beginning of the 1600's, and some of his descendants came to Norway. His son Søren Jensen Mørch was born around 1645, but I have no idea if the Kirsten Jensdatter you refer to could be his daughter. If you know more that could contribute to establish more specific relations, please share it. It would also be interesting to know the ancestors of the rich priest Anders Daae .-)

Best regards,

Helge Berntsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Legger inn lenke til Anders J.Daaes søster, Kirsten Joensdtr Daaes skifte i 1756. Hun bodde tydeligvis hos stedatter Marta Nilsdtr Myren og ektefellen Lars Ingebrigtsen Steenberget.

r-Trøndelag fylke, Trondheim by, Skifteprotokoll 16 (3A 0019), 1756-1758, oppb: Statsarkivet i Trondheim.

Merknader: Med register.

Permanent sidelenke: http://arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/25094/151/

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-sk20090204350151.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I enclose one of the first pages in the book, Aagaat Daae: "The family Daae in Trondheim -earliest history".

There you find Anders Daae. There is several more pages about him in that book.

post-639-0-52913700-1352026849_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As far as I understand Anders Daae was the grandfather or great grandfather of Ludvig Daae, born in Førde in 1792. Can anybody fill in the direct ancestors in between, also described in the family book maybe ?

Wbr

Helge Berntsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Takk så langt alle tre - jeg skal gjøre Anders Daae i Nederland oppmerksom på svarene, så får vi se om han har noen kommentarer. Jeg mener å huske at han nevnte boken av Aagaat Daae, så jeg tror han har den.

Mvh

Elin Galtung Lihaug

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Anders Daae 1680-1763 was married to Birgitte Ludvigsdtr. Munthe 1686-1770.

No. 9 of their children was Ludvig Daae 1723-1786 married 1739 to Drude Cathrine Haar 1739-1787

Their 3rd child is Johan Christopher Haar Daae 1759-1827 married 1790 to Susanne Grytten 1760-1828

Ludvig Daae born 1792 is their son.

Everything can be found in the above mentioned book.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk til Ivar Ertesvåg!

Jeg ser nå at Anders Daae har holdt på i over 10 år med å prøve å få hjelp til å løse sine genealogiske utfordringer. Han har fått mye hjelp av mange, og det er vel tvilsomt om det er kommet ny viten siden 2007...?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk til Ivar Ertesvåg!

Jeg ser nå at Anders Daae har holdt på i over 10 år med å prøve å få hjelp til å løse sine genealogiske utfordringer. Han har fått mye hjelp av mange, og det er vel tvilsomt om det er kommet ny viten siden 2007...?

Han har vore på DIS-Slektsforum også, med ymse meir eller mindre velfunderte spørsmål (Søk t.d. på "Høidalsdal"); derifrå kan du (iallfall som innlogga) klikke på "Profil" og få alle innlegg.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider