Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Loitenant Emanuel Junge Charisius - 2 Trondhj Nasj Inf Reg 1710-1727

Tybring Hemphill
 Del

I am looking for any help that anyone can give to learn more about Loitenant Emanuel Junge Charisius. He was born about 1690 likely near Varpelev in Sjaelland, Denmark, where his father was a minister. He was first a sergeant in the Ost-Sjaellandske Inf Reg. According to Ovenstad, he became a sergeant in the 2 Trondhj Nasj Inf Reg beginning on October 2, 1710. He became Sekondloitenant on December 22, 1711 and premierloitenant September 11, 1717 in the same regiment. From 1721 to 1725 he was at Gagnatske Komp. and then 1726-1727 at Eritsfjord Komp.

I have found him in the churchbook of Tingvoll, Møre and Romsdal during the period 1721-1725 as suggested by Ovenstad. His daughter Esperance Tollerance Charisius was born there in Oct. 1723. He had two or three children who were born before that. The eldest Peter/Peder Georg Charisius was, based on funeral records, born Feb. 12, 1716. However, I have been unable to find any record of that birth. Anne Christine Charisius and/or Hans Henrik Charisius may also have been born before 1721when the family moved to Tingvoll. I would presume that all of these children born somewhere in the vicinity of Trondhjem, but have no idea how widely the 2 Trondhj Nasj Inf Reg was dispersed. Does anyone have any suggestions? What are the sources for military records in Norway?

I should add that he was married to Mette Dorothea Flug, who, according to burial records, was born about 1700. I have also been unable to locate any record of the marriage of these two. Her ancestry is uncertain, but perhaps she was the daughter of Fredrik Flyg who was also a military man. Thank you for any help you maybe able to provide

Tybring Hemphill

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Lars,

Thank you for your reply. I had seen that information about his time as a toller. I should perhaps have been clearer that I am especially searching for information about Emanuel Charisius' time in the military between 1710 - 1727 as that covers his marriage and the birth of his children. I have seen what Ovenstad says in his book, but need to figure out where exactly Emanuel was stationed between 1710-1721 so that I can check church records for marriage and birth. Perhaps there are original military records from which Ovenstad worked which would give that information. But where does one find such records?

Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Tybring!

One thing you can do is to try to get in contact on this forum with someone who may have the following book: "Av Sør-trøndelag inf.regiment nr. 12`s historie: med møre - og trøndersoldater fra muskett til rakett" written by Hjalmar I Sunde. This regiment is the former "2. Trondhjemske inf.regiment" The history in these military books normally goes bak to around 1650. I got some of them, but not the one you need, i`m afraid. If you get lucky and find one who got it, and still get lucky, it will tell you from wich area those two companies you are interested in got their soldiers. At least some of those I have does. You can also try to contact the military museum in Oslo. (Forsvarsmuseet, Akershus Festning) Eritsfjord and Gagnatske company was both in the third Batalion, wich seems to be from just Møre and Romsdal and not from Trøndelag.

regards jan w

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider