Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

rikart hansen 1910 Census needs correction

JEFF JEPPSON
 Del

In the 1910 Census in Bremnaes, More og Romsdal, Norway. Rikart Hansen is listed as july 22, 1884 born in Aalesund. His occupation is a Bodker at Kvistnik. His birthdate is listed wrong. It is supposed to be July 22, 1844 from Aalesund. You can verify this by looking in the 1900 Census for the same place. It states 1844 in that Census. Jeff Jeppson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sometimes these uncorrect birth dates are correctly transcribed from the census in original, that means that the uncorrect birth date is found in the original census. But of course, the transcribed searchable version of the census may be wrong. To be able to control this, you may send a request to the National Archives and ask them to take a look at the census in original to see if Rikard Hansen's birth year is 1844 or 1884 there. If he is listed as born on 22 July 1884 even in the original census, we cannot do anything to correct that, but you may ask the ones responsible for the digital version to put in a correction there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for letting us know!

I have added a comment to the record for Rikart Hansen in the 1910 census: http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/korrektur/pf01036787001743 This comment is visible to everyone.

The birth date for the 1910 census will have to be checked in the original census document. This document is kept in the National Archives. We will forward your message to them and once checked, the data will be corrected if the is a typo, but if it says 1884 in the original census list, the data will not be edited.

If you discover other possible errors in our data, please feel free to add comment to the data. Here is a description on how: http://arkivverket.no/eng/Digitalarkivet/Help/Corrections

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

OK. that is fair enough. If it says 1884 on the Census then there is nothing I can do about it. I was wondering that if a note could be put on it stating that it could 1844 for further use. Jeff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 8 måneder senere...

The original census list has been checked and it says 1884 in the original source as well. The suggested birth date is kept though, so in the future one can choose to include dates from these user remarks in the search. We have plans to develop such a functionality, but I am unsure of when.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider