Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Karen/Kari Christensdatter of Thaaserud/Traaserud wife of Amund Pedersen of Baerum

Tybring Hemphill
 Del

I wonder if anyone can help me to find the background of Karen Christensdatter. She was married to Amund Pedersen on Sept. 27 1812 in Asker, Akershus. There she is given the additional name Thaaserud. In the 1801 census it appears that she is living with her parents Christen Jensen Traaserud and Ingeborg Erichsdatter at Baerum jernwerk. I have been unable to find any place named Thaaserud and only found a Traaserud at Heddal, Notodden in Telemark, but could find no record of the birth of Karen Christensdatter there between 1788 and 1791. I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Tybring

001 01 Christen Jensen Traaserud 40 Husbond Gift 1. gang Gryde former 002 01 Ingeborg Erichsdatter 33 Hands hustrue Gift 1. gang 003 01 Karen Christensdatter 11 Hands datter Hiemme hos forældrene 004 01 Jens Christensen 9 Hands søn Hiemme hos forældrene 005 01 Erich Christensen 4 Hands søn Hiemme hos forældrene 006 01 Marthe Christensdatter 8 Hands datter Hiemme hos forældrene

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Municipal ParishRegisterNr/Name Year Asker 4 for Asker 1812 Church/place Trolovelsedato Weddingday 26 Juli Bridegrooms

First name Last name Employment Age/Birth year Amund Pedersen U. Domicile Birthplace Confirmation To altar Brides

First name Last name Employment Age/Birth year Karen Christensdatter Pigen Domicile Birthplace Confirmation To altar Thaaserud Groomsmen Forvalter Embretsen Christian Rugge Comments Copul. Datum 27 Sept.

Norwegian Historical Data Centre (NHDC)

The Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Tromsø N-9037 Tromsø, NORWAY

Updated: May 4th 2008

http://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rhd.uit.no%2Fkirkebok%2Fkbliste_e.aspx%3Fkb%3Dv%26rr%3D490&ei=7ARLUoXMOcKI4ASdg4HQDQ&usg=AFQjCNFHUl-1vWzfOYY7OQLrz6gTqw3iTg&sig2=syCS8rrhbyGQvnyBGxgMwA&bvm=bv.53371865,d.bGE

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks Ann-Mary. I had not seen the digitized version, but looked at the original scanned churchbook. It looks like Tråserud might be a farm up the valley west of Notodden. I guess it is not so far from Tanum, Asker. It looks like the parents of Karen, Christen Jensen and Ingeborg Erichsdatter were dead by 1865, or at least no longer lived at Asker. This has made it harder to track the family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

They were engaged 26. of july and married 27. of sept. 1812.

Christening of Karen 28/2 1790, born 25/2. Left side http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7730&idx_id=7730&uid=ny&idx_side=-107

It is a farm Thraaserud in Hitterdal, Telemark (Bratsberg) http://www.dokpro.uio.no/perl/navnegransking/rygh_ng/rygh_visetekst.prl?s=n&Vise=Vise&KRYSS123636%4028115=on TRosserud in 1801 and a person with last name Jensen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Berit for considering what I ought to have done - the possibility that Karen Christensdatter was born in Asker and not Telemark. Andyou found her so quickly! The entry you found coincides with the date that I had based on the 1801 census. Yes, that is the place in Telemark that I had considered as a likely possibility. The records for the Heddal parish are very good, but I do not find Christen Jensen born there between 1759-1763 when the 1801 census suggests he was born. Nor do I find Ingeborg there around 1768.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hitterdal = Heddal, but ...

From Asker churchbooks: Christen Jensen Jernverket died 49 y., 23/7 burried 28/7 1811 Tanum krk. Widow Ingeborg Erichsdt. Bærum jernverk died 54 y. 28/12 1816 burried 5/1 1817.

Ingeborg Erichsdt born 2/2, christned. 8/2 1767 Tanum, parents Erich Hansen and wife Marte Arnesdt.

Ingeborg Erichsdt. married 23/12 1787 Tanum to Christopher Jensen ??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That is remarkable, Berit, that you solve problems in a few minutes that have lingered with me for years. I am very grateful for your help. Do you have access to some digitized records or are you simply expert at reading these old books that I find so difficult? I have found that the grandmother of Karen Christensen, Marte Arnesdatter, was still alive in 1801, though she was widowed. It is clear that this is the right person as her sons who live with her are named Erichsen and also they all work at the Baerum Jernwerk. The extended family seems to have had a close association with this industrial enterprise.

Here is a link to a birth that may be Mart(h)e. I cannot make out the father's name other than "Arne". Nor can I tell what day Marthe was born and when baptised.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7728&idx_id=7728&uid=ny&idx_side=-76

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20061110030619.jpg

Husstandsmedlemmer

P.nr. H.nr. Navn Alder/født Fødested Familiestilling Sivilstand Yrke Bostatus 001 01 Marte Arnesdatter 59 Husmoder Enke vært gift een gang Lever med hendes sønner som arbeider ved verket 002 01 Søren Erichsen 21 Hendes søn Ugift Former dreng 003 01 Lars Erichsen 19 Hendes søn Ugift Malm pukker 004 01 Anders Erichsen 16 Hendes søn Ugift Dag-arbeider 005 01 Engebret Embretsen 12 Hendes søn Dag-arbeider 006 01 Larine Falqvaarsdatter 16 Hendes søster datter I tieneste

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Christen and Ingeborgs first child was Engebret b.6/11 Bærum Jernverk -chr.9/11 1788 Tanum. http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7730&idx_id=7730&uid=ny&idx_side=-101

I can not fine any children of Christopher Jensen and Ingeborg Erichsdt. So maybe it should be Christen and not Christopher.

I am born in Bærum, so I know the churchbooks, and they are not as difficult as you belive. I like them because they are easy to search because the childs name is on the left side of the page and the mothers name on the right side.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Marthe: Eodem die 31.dec (1741)D(christning?) Tanum kirke. Arne Skui's D(daugther)f.(born) 26. Mother Anne Andersdt. Faddere(witnesses) Kirsti Øchri(Økri), Anne Skui, Søren ibid., Hans Olsen Horne/Horni.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1) Lars Hansen Skui ca. 1594 - ca. 1672 Skui. Married to Birgitte Eriksdatter. (1664 Skojenn fullgrd. Bærum).

2) Hans Larsen Skui ca. 1640 Skui. Married to Alvhild Jensdt. dead ca.1699 Skui (5 children).

3) Lars Hansen ca. 16... Skui - ca. 1719. Skifte 7/7 1719. Married to Marthe Sørensdt. ca. 1677 Ringi - ca. 1741 Skui, 7 children. Skifte 3/5 1741. She then married Anders Pedersen Skui.

4) Arne Larsen ca. 1707/8 Skui (12y. in 1719 and 33y. 1741). Married 5/9 1734 Tanum to Anne Andersdt.

(5) Ingeborg Arnesdt 1736-1788 married 1758 Anders Olsen ca.1725-1769 Hosle. Their son Jacob was married into may family on my mothers side.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Berit for interpreting the writing that I could not read and linking this family to a large, well-developed branch. I think that you must be right and the minister made a mistake inwriting down "Christopher" instead of "Christen" in the marriage with Ingeborg Erichsdatter. I , unfortunately do not see that there is any separate list of engagments thatmight show the proper name.

And thank you, Trond, for putting me back again on the right track. It makes more sense that the family of Karen Christensdatter should be from the area of Baerum, rather than the more distant Notodden in Telemark. Based on that I looked in the Asker churchbook and have found a possible record for the birth of Christen Jensen on Jan 3, 1762 on p.141. This fits fairly well with the census and death records. What do you think? It looks like the parents are Jens Christensen and Marte Amundsdatter if I have read correctly.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for confirming. It is too easy to get things mixed up. I think I have found the marriage of Erich Hansen to Marthe Arnesdatter on Jan 19 1766. Does it say they were married at Bjerke (Bierche)? I see that htere is a place near Baerum with that name, but it is not a church, I don't believe. Would they have been married on a farm? It seems like most entries in the church book have the entry T.K. for Tanum Kirke and perhaps A.K for Asker Kirke - at least that has been my guess. I see what you mean, Berit, about the Churchbooks being quite well organized. Even I am beginning to find things.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7729&idx_id=7729&uid=ny&idx_side=-186

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

T=Tanum, H=Haslum, A=Asker.

Engaged nov.21 1765 from? Bierche batch. Eric Hansen Bærum Jernverk and girl Marthe Arnesdt. Caut.: Jon/Jan? Niels. jernverket, and Jacob Horne. They were married jan.19 1766.

I think my head is spinning. Who is Eric Hansen and Marthe Arnesdt.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't know if this will work, but if it does it shows the family I am working on.

file://localhost/Users/tybring/Desktop/Amundsdatter.tiff

In any event Erich Hansen and Marthe Arnesdatter are the maternal grandparents of Karen Christensen, who was the original focus of this post. I have had to write them all downto try to keep track. Thank you for the link to the book about Baerum. I have had a quick look, but must look more closely to see what there might be within the two volumes you suggested.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It seems that my attempt to attach a chart did not work. Therefore, I will summarize the information that I have so far:

1) Karen Christensdatter was born Feb 25 1790 in Asker, married Amund Pedersen Sept 27 1812 in Asker. She died before 1865 (I cannot find anyone with her name in Akershus born at the right time), but I don't know when.

2a) Christen Jensen (Taaserud) (father of Karen Christensdatter) was born Jan 3 1762 in Asker. He died Jul 23 1811 in Asker. He married Dec 23 1787 in Asker.

2b) Ingeborg Erichsdatter (mother of Karen Christensdatter) was born Feb 2 1767 in Asker. She died Dec 28 1816 in Asker.

3a) I cannot find the birth date of Jens Christensen (paternal grandfather of Karen Christensdatter) He died before 1801, but I don't know when. Married Mar 24, 1761 in Asker

3b) Marthe Amundsdatter (paternal grandmother of Karen Christensdatter) was born May 28, 1734 in Asker. She died after 1801, but I don't know when.

001 01 Hans Jensen Traasenid 28 Husbond Gift 1. gang Hytte vogter (Traasenid is probably a misreading of Taaserud)

002 01 Maren Larsdatter 33 Hands hustrue Gift 1. gang

003 01 Marthe Amundsdatter 70 Hans moder Enke vært gift een gang Paa levebrød med sønnen og har fattigpenge

3c) Erich Hansen (maternal grandfather of Karen Christensdatter) was born Feb 7, 1743 in Asker. He died before 1801, but I don't know when. Married Jan 19, 1766 in Asker

3d) Marthe Arnesdatter (maternal grandmother of Karen Christensdatter) was born Dec 26, 1741 in Asker. She died after 1801, but I don't know when.

001 01 Marte Arnesdatter 59 Husmoder Enke vært gift een gang Lever med hendes sønner som arbeider ved verket

002 01 Søren Erichsen 21 Hendes søn Ugift Former dreng

003 01 Lars Erichsen 19 Hendes søn Ugift Malm pukker

004 01 Anders Erichsen 16 Hendes søn Ugift Dag-arbeider

005 01 Engebret Embretsen 12 Hendes søn Dag-arbeider

006 01 Larine Falqvaarsdatter 16 Hendes søster datter

I am confused about #005. The census says that Marthe was only married once, but it looks like the last son has a different father, unless the transcriber had a hard time reading and it should say Engebret Erichsen.

4c) Amund Knudtsen is the father of 3b) Marthe Amundsdatter. He was married Apr 9 1734 in Asker

4d) Anne Rasmusdatter is the mother of 3b) Marthe Amundsdatter.

4e) Hans Ullersen is the father of 3c) Erich Hansen. I cannot find him married between 1733 and 1743, (but he is a Caut. in 1737)

4f) Ingeborg Erichsdatter is the mother of 3c) Erich Hansen.

4g) Arne Larsen is the father of 3d) Marthe Arnesdatter. He married Sep 5 1734 in Asker.

4h) Anne Andersdatter is the mother of 3d) Marthe Arnesdatter.

I don't know when any of the great grandparents of Karen Christensdatter died, and cannot think how to search other than looking atevery page in the churchbook.

I hope this setsout the information in a useful way.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

FS:

Dorthe Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 16 November 1738 christening: 23 November 1738 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1738 Asker, Akershus, Norway

• father:Hans Ulleren
  • mother:Jngeborg Erichsdr

Erich Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 christening: 18 December 1740 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY

• mother:Ingeborg Erichsdr

Erich Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 7 February 1743 christening: 10 February 1743 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1743 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Giertrud Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 12 October 1745 christening: 17 October 1745 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1745 Asker, Akershus, Norway

• mother:Ingeborgs Erichsdr

Engbret Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 15 December 1747 christening: 17 December 1747 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1747 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Jan Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 30 July 1750 christening: 2 August 1750 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1750 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Aase Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 17 January 1753 christening: 21 January 1753 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1753 Asker, Akershus, Norway

• mother:Ingeborg Ericsdr

Dorte Hansen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 22 May 1755 christening: 25 May 1755 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1755 Asker, Akershus, Norway

• mother:Ingeborg Ericsdr

------------------

Ingeborg Erichsdr

Norway, Marriages, 1660-1926 marriage: 21 November 1737 Asker,Akershus,Norway

• spouse:Hans Pedersen

Hans Peders. Ulleren and Ingeborg Erichsd.

Kildeinformasjon: Akershus fylke, Asker, Ministerialbok nr. I 1 (1726-1744), Trolovede 1737, side 88.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverk...ny&idx_side=-90

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverk...61110030633.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ingeborg Eriksen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 2 February 1767 christening: 8 February 1767 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1767 Asker, Akershus, Norway

• father:Eric Hansen
  • mother:Marte Arnesdr

Mari Eriksen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 16 December 1768 christening: 18 December 1768 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1768 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Hans Eriksen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 20 December 1770 christening: 20 December 1770 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1770 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Arne Eriksen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 16 April 1774 christening: 24 April 1774 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1774 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Arne Eriksen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 28 August 1776 christening: 1 September 1776 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1776 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Soren Eriksen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 3 May 1779 christening: 9 May 1779 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1779 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Laers Eriksen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 9 March 1782 christening: 17 March 1782 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1782 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks Ann-Mary. Your eyes are very good. I'm not sure how I missed it when I found the other marriages! It helps knowing when all of the children were born so that you can look just before the first. That list of Norwegian baptisms is very useful for that purpose. It looks like Hans Pedersen Ulleren is from Ullern, a region close to Fornebu.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider