Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Peder Amundsen av Baerum født ca. 1748

Tybring Hemphill
 Del

I am looking for help to locate the birth and parents of Peder Amundsen of Baerum, Asker. He was living in 1801 in Berger, Asker.

014 04 Peder Amundsen 53 Mand Gift 1. Huusmand uden jord

015 04 Anne Paulsdatter 41 Hans kone Gift 1.

016 04 Anne Pedersdatter 7 Hans datter Hjemme

017 04 Paul Pedersen 4 Hans søn Hjemme

I believe that he had a son who had already left home at age 13. Amund Pedersen was a Tjeneste Dreng living at Løki, Asker. This man was my great x4 grandfather.

I have been unable to find the birth of Peder Amundsen in Asker anywhere between 1746 and 1750 inclusive. In terms of possible parents for Peder Amundsen, I have found a marriage for the following in Asker:

Amund Hendrichsen married Inger Andersdatter in 1740

Amund Engebretsen married Gjertrud Hansdatter in 1747

Of course another possibility is that Peder Amundsen was born in another parish, but I cannot think of any way to narrow down what parish that might be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Peder Amundsen

Norway, Marriages, 1660-1926 marriage: 11 October 1787 Asker,Akershus,Norway

• spouse:Anne Poulsdr

Kildeinformasjon: Akershus fylke, Asker, Ministerialbok nr. I 3 (1767-1807), Ekteviede 1787-1788, side 187.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverk...y&idx_side=-187

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverk...61114010366.jpg

Amund Pedersen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 3 January 1788 christening: 13 January 1788 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1788 Asker, Akershus, Norway

• father:Peder Amondsen
  • mother:Anne Poulsdr

Poul Pedersen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 25 June 1790 christening: 27 June 1790 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1790 Asker, Akershus, Norway

• father:Peder Amondsen
  • mother:Anne Poulsdr

Anne Pedersen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 christening: 1 June 1794 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY

• father:Peder Amundsen
  • mother:Anne Paulsdr

Paul Pedersen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 christening: 30 April 1797 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY

Ole Pedersen

Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927 birth: 27 March 1801 christening: 29 March 1801 , ASKER, AKERSHUS, NORWAY residence: 1801 Asker, Akershus, Norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The marriage og Peder and Anne.

Engaged july 15. and married oct. 11 1787 Tanum krk.(V.Bærum) Asker batchelor Peder Amundsen from Ager sogn and girl Anne Poulsdatter Biørum eie. Caut: Rasmus Jensen/Jonsen? Frogner and Xsten Halstensen? Biørum eie. http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7730&idx_id=7730&uid=ny&idx_side=-187

Census 1801 http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=10&filnamn=f18010220&gardpostnr=106&personpostnr=2182&merk=2182#ovre

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Anne Poulsdatter 30/3-8/4 1759 Asker, Poul Jørgensen and Else Christensdatter.

Anne Poulsdatter 19/12-23/12 1759 Asker, Poul Pedersen and Kari Evensdatter. (From Familysearch/FS).

I will come back a little later with the churchrecords.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Ann-Mary and Berit. As usual just another set of eyes can be enough to unlock the mystery. I had not noticed that the marriage of Peder Amundsen and Anne Poulsdatter showed that Peder was from Aker. Also, I had not been aware that one of his children was named Ole. Given this, it makes itseem likely that his parents are Amund Olsen And Sara Pedersdater. So Peder was named for his maternal grandfather and he named his youngest son for his paternal grandfather.

I cannot find this event in the Aker church book where I would expect it to be in either 1749 or 1748 or 1750. It appears that Vestre Aker used to be part of Aker so I am not sure where I have gone wrong. Peder Amundsen Gender: Male Event Date: 18 Jul 1749 Event Place: Vestre Aker, Oslo, Oslo, Norway Birth Date: Birthplace: Death Date: Name Note: Race: Father's Name: Amund Olsen Father's Birthplace: Father's Age: Mother's Name: Sara Pedersdatter Mother's Birthplace: Mother's Age: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C42825-1 System Origin: Norway-EASy GS Film number: 125839 Reference ID: Bk 11 p 56

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You will find Aker under Oslo.

Son of Amund Olsen and Sara Pedersdt. was burried aug.13 1749 Aker slotssmenighet(Oslo)

His bapt. july 18 1749 http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7684&idx_id=7684&uid=ny&idx_side=-57 Burried aug. 13 1749 http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7684&idx_id=7684&uid=ny&idx_side=-139

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oh dear... Well I guess that makes it clear that my guess was wrong. Amund Olsen and Sara Pedersdatter would not then be the parents of Peder Amundsen. Berit has suggested that Amun Jensen could be the father. From Familysearch it seems:

Amun married Marte Hansdatter Jan 12 1743

Son Amun born Mar 17 1743

Daughter Helle Maria born May 19 1744

Son Peder born Oct 23 1746

Daughter Apelone born Dec 15 1748

It is odd that Peder Amundsen did not use any of his siblings or his mother's family names for his children. I guess he used his wife's family names (Anne and Poul), but I am still not sure where "Ole" came from. Perhaps he just liked it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oh dear... Well I guess that makes it clear that my guess was wrong. Amund Olsen and Sara Pedersdatter would not then be the parents of Peder Amundsen. Berit has suggested that Amun Jensen could be the father. From Familysearch it seems:

Amun married Marte Hansdatter Jan 12 1743

Son Amun born Mar 17 1743

Daughter Helle Maria born May 19 1744

Son Peder born Oct 23 1746

Daughter Apelone born Dec 15 1748

It is odd that Peder Amundsen did not use any of his siblings or his mother's family names for his children. I guess he used his wife's family names (Anne and Poul), but I am still not sure where "Ole" came from. Perhaps he just liked it.

This Peder Amundsen died in 1748, buried 5th Aug 1748, I would be surprised if the Peder Amundsen in question is born in Aker.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for the post about the death of Peder Amundsen and burial Aug 5 1748. I agree that that would eliminate him as a later father to my Amund Pedersen. But I cannot find this burial in the churchbook. I have looked in Aker parish and do not see this burial

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7680&idx_id=7680&uid=ny&idx_side=-215

Are you looking in another parish? If so, which one?

Like you, I did not origially think that Peder Amundsen would have been born in Aker, but more likely in Asker in Akershus. But in Post #3 Berit pointed out that the marriage record states that he is from Aker. In any event i have not found an Peder Amundsen born anywhere in the range of 1746-1750 in Asker. Both his age at death and in the 1801 census suggest a birth about 1748. So it seems that the mystery remains. I can iagine that perhaps he came to Asker to work at the baerum Jernwerk, but that is the only explanation I can think of for him to move parishes.

Here is a Peder Amundsen who was confirmed in Aker in 1764 aged 16 3/4, so born in 1747 or 1748. He appears midway down the second column of the left page. I cannot read what comes after his name, but it may be a very valuable clue.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7681&idx_id=7681&uid=ny&idx_side=-155

Ideas?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is a Peder Amundsen who was confirmed in Aker in 1764 aged 16 3/4, so born in 1747 or 1748. He appears midway down the second column of the left page. I cannot read what comes after his name, but it may be a very valuable clue.

http://www.arkivverk...y&idx_side=-155

Ideas?

Linderud eie. But I don't know any link Linderud-Asker, I know the owner of Linderud but he has as far as I know no connection to Asker.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

He is not at Linderud farm in 1763, but may have worked here the next year:

Akershus fylke, Aker og Follo fogderi, Ekstraskatt RA/EA-4092/R10/L0559 (RA/EA-4092/R10/L0559), 1763-1763, oppb: Riksarkivet.

Merknader: Ekstraskatt 1762-1772, se også kat. nr. 1145/51.

Permanent sidelenke: http://arkivverket.no/URN:db_read/db/44683/291/

(Farm no. 78)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mange takk KMVG and Anne-Lise. Linderud looks like it was a very large and important farm. I am not familiar enough with the usual practices of the time to know if it was normal that Peder would be living and working on the farm at age 16 when confirmed, but not be there the year before. Would it be likely that he was no longer living with his parents when confirmed? I am not familiar with the source that Anne-Lise referred to but it seems valuable for finding people before the 1801 census. I imagine it is not transcribed. I see that the Mathiesen family that owned Linderud also has some conection to Eidsvoll verk so perhaps Peder Amundsen and family had some longstanding connection to iron work which later brought him to Baerum. But really, I am just guessing here.

Can anyone explain, if it says in the marriage of Peder Amundsen that he was from Aker, does that mean one should look in all Oslo Churchbooks for him or only Aker? Is Linderud within Aker parish?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mange takk KMVG and Anne-Lise. Linderud looks like it was a very large and important farm. I am not familiar enough with the usual practices of the time to know if it was normal that Peder would be living and working on the farm at age 16 when confirmed, but not be there the year before. Would it be likely that he was no longer living with his parents when confirmed? I am not familiar with the source that Anne-Lise referred to but it seems valuable for finding people before the 1801 census. I imagine it is not transcribed. I see that the Mathiesen family that owned Linderud also has some conection to Eidsvoll verk so perhaps Peder Amundsen and family had some longstanding connection to iron work which later brought him to Baerum. But really, I am just guessing here.

Can anyone explain, if it says in the marriage of Peder Amundsen that he was from Aker, does that mean one should look in all Oslo Churchbooks for him or only Aker? Is Linderud within Aker parish?

Peder could be on his own or with his parents when he came to Linderud. The owner Mogens Larsen Mogensen owned several farms placed in several parishes. It is of course a possibility that Peder's father from one of these farms and got the opportunity to work on a sub-farm at Linderud, if so you have to search in several parishes.

Peder was not born in Christiania (Oslo).

Linderud is within Aker parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Most young people in rural Norway left home early to seek work as domestics and farmhands, sometimes even from the age of 10-12 years. At confirmation the farm names they were using, was just the 'address' at the time, and their familes could live at another farm in the district or outside.

Linderud is situated in Groruddalen and the adjacent parish to Aker along this valley, is Nittedal / Hakadal. Maybe you will have to search here also.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Maybe military rolls of young crew will list a possible Peder Amundsen - perhaps still at Linderud? Maybe it is possible to ask for a look-up at the Archives?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you all for your tips and suggestions. I have looked to see if I could find a Peder Amundsen confirmed in Asker and do not find one 1763-1765 inclusive. The one confirmed in Aker in 1764 seems to fit so well with his birthdate calculated from other sources and the indication from the marriage that he was (at least recently) from Aker that I find it hard to imagine that that is the wrong person. However, the birth records for Peder Amundsens that have been found in Aker are both for children who died within a year. Also there is no record I could find for a Peder Amundsen born in Asker between 1746-1750 inclusive. So he must either be from another parish altogether, or be born outside the date range examined, or we simply have missed his name in the records we have looked at.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider