Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Laurits Olsen from Ulensager emigrated to USA in 1876

Clark Monson
 Del

I am wondering about Laurits Olsen from Ulensager who emigrated to Edgerton, Wisconsin from Oslo on April 28, 1876. It doesn't give his age but also from Ulensager were Theodor and Christian Lystad (age 20) who were also going to Edgerton, Wisconsin. I am wondering if this could be the Lars. O Rud or Louis O. Rud who settled in Rock County, Wisconsin where Edgerton is located. He would have been born in the 1853-1856 time frame. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Regards! Clark Monson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Rud farm in Ullensaker was a kind of military base/farm in the years 1791-1876. Ole Kristiansen was a farmer at Rud (earlier he was at the Elstad farm, and he was born at Taugland). Ole was married to Ingeborg Larsdatter Elstad. He died at Rud in 1855 age 69. He had a son by the name Lars O., living at Lystad when his father died. The LYSTAD farm: Lars Olsen Rud b at Elstad in 1819. Lars got half of the Lystad farm from his father in Law Jens Lystad. Lars married Anne Gurine Jensdatter. Children: Teodor b 1847 emig to USA, Dortea (never married), Ingeborg - USA and Lars Kristian - USA. Anne Gurine died in 1857, age 35. Lars then married Kari Hansdatter Holum and they had 5 children, 3 boys and 2 girls (no names in the BB) except the son Johan who had the Lystad farm until late 1890's. He then emigrated to USA. I guess Lars and his family emigrated (except Johan) together..??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider