Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Øvre Kivnesdal/Hægebostad: 1710-1760 Ministerialbok (deaths?)

Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to find a record of the death of my 6th g-grandfather, Tarald Egeland. The last mention I find is the birth of his youngest child, Taral in 1755. See here (in far left column):

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverk...ny&idx_side=-34

Prior to this, he is mentioned as a witness in several baptisms, but after this birth, I don't see him again. I assume he has either died or in poor health. But I don't see any records of deaths in this book (1710-1760). Mainly, I see marriages and baptisms. Would there have been another source for deaths during these years? In the next book, beginning in 1760, I do see deaths listed, just not before. I also cannot find an index of probates for this region. :unsure:

I think I found the death of his wife, "enke" Askier Olsdtr Roys-Egeland, although I wonder about the age (50 in January 1769). Tarald & Askier were married in 1729 and had their first child in 1730. So, if this age is correct, then it can not be "my" Askier! Here is the record.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverk...ny&idx_side=-15

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice!

Note: Originally, I posted this on the forum for scanned sources. A user suggested I move it here...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Berit

Was this meant to link to a specific probate record, because for me, it just went to the main list? I appreciate your response, but I can't find Tarald's record without a year of death. I tried to find a probate record for his widow, Askier Olsdatter Ros-Egeland. I believe she died 1 January 1769. I'm pretty sure this is the part of the probate record that begins in Jan 1769:

Permanent sidelenke: http://arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/24465/603/

But I am having trouble reading the handwriting. Perhaps someone here can help me?

Hilsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kildeinformasjon: Vest-Agder fylke, Hægebostad i Øvre Kvinesdal, Ministerialbok nr. A 1 /1 (1760-1820), Kronologisk liste 1769, side 12.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverk...ny&idx_side=-15

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverk...70606320216.jpg

Here you find the death/ burial of Askier Olsdatter Røys-Egeland, mentioned 50 years, in third column from left, like you said in your first posting . The age 50 years is not necessarily correct. This might very well be "your" Asgjerd.

Endret av erling t endresen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

.... Year 1755 the 9. of September .... after the dead person Tarald Olsson, who lived and died at the farm Ros Egeland .........

The son is given the name Tarald in august 1755, which could indicate that Tarald Olsson died before he was born. But I can't find his death in the record.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

He had 4 sons and 4 daughters: Ole Taralds. 22 years - Ole T. d.y. (jr.) 14 y. - Os... T. 8 y. - Taral T. 5 uker and Gjertud Td. 24 y. - Ingebor Td. 18 y. - Aase? Td. 16 y. - Alet Td. 11y.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Erling, Inge & Berit, tusen takk! I could not find Tarald's death record either. Finding this probate helps!

In this ministerialbok, I didn't find any death records, for anyone. That was why I wondered if there was another source that recorded deaths for this era (1710-1760).

Now I know when Tarald died, but I still don't know his age, which would give me his approximate year of birth. I had hoped someone with a bygdebok for this region might help me. I can not go back any more generations beyond Tarald and Asgier.

Do you all interpret from the record that his name is Tarald Olsen, and not Tarald Oselsen? My 5th g-grandfather was Tarald's son, Osel (sometimes shown as Aasel). But since he and Asgier had two sons named Ole, I now believe it must be Olsen... right?

Again, many thanks to you all!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Postscript to my last entry... I found the index card file, and using this, I believe I have discovered Tarald's parents and also his approximate birthdate. Also on Ros-Egeland, there is Ole Guttormsen (probate dated 3 Nov 1728) who was married to Giertrud Taraldsdatter. They had 2 sons, Tarald (19) and Ole (12) and two daughters, Ingebor (the older) and Ingebor (the younger). I had hoped to find Askier's family at Ros-Egeland, because the marriage record indicated she was from the same farm as her husband. But that did not work out. :(

I think there is a connection between this family and the farm Kålemo (Kollemo). Askier was a witness for baptisms there. But I didn't see any familiar names on the probate index cards for this farm.

Thanks again to you all!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have got the Hægebostad bygdebok from our local library. There is no help for you on Eikeland, page 249: "It is difficult to sort out the Eikeland families about 1700. It gets some sort of order first about 1764 - - "

You have found more than the author of the book.

Endret av Harald Søren Storaker
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Harald Søren -- you are the first who has posted about the bygdebok for Hægebostad! It is very disappointing to hear that there is nothing about my ancestor Tarald Olsen and his son Osel Taraldsen. You probably read earlier in my postings here, that I was also hoping to find information about Tarald's wife, Askier Olsdatter. Their wedding record states she was from Ros-Egeland, but I suspect she was only living there at the time of her marriage and was really born at another farm. But so far, I don't have any good clues.

Thank you very much for posting about the bygdebok.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider