Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Erik Larsen Haugsbø (Sveio)

Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to find the death of Erik Larsen Haugsbø.  Born 1779, son of Lars Erichsen Staupe/Haugsbø & Ingeborg Endresdtr Tveite.  He married Abigael Torbjørnsdtr Kvamme in 1802.  She died in 1807.  Erik is mentioned in his father's probate in 1828, but I am having some difficulty making out what is said.  Maybe someone can tell me if it states that Erik is still living at the time of his father's death.

Permanent sidelenke: http://arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/24052/326/

I have been through the transcribed databases (for Stord) and the original churchbooks.  I found only one possibility...  the death of "Henrik Eriksen" Haugsbø, age 60, on 21 Nov 1836.  This age is close, but the name is very far off! :unsure:   I went back and looked for a Henrik Eriksen born about 1776 and found no person with that name.  See the record here:

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=11675&idx_id=11675&uid=ny&idx_side=-254

I see a mention of Henric Erichsen Haugsbø in Lars Erichsen's probate, but can't make out the context.

Perhaps the bygdebok for Valestrand tells when Erik died??  I would appreciate any feedback...

Hilsen Patricia

Endret av Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You will find the family in the SVEIO bygdebok:

Erik Tolleivsson Haugsbø born ab 1715 d 1769, married to

Dorthea Kjærandsdatter Staupe. Son:

Lars Eriksen Haugsbø  b 1747 d 1824, married 1 to:

Ingeborg Endresdatter Tveita 1745-1813. Son:

Erik Larsen Haugsbø 1779-1828 (read 'no later than' 1828), married to

Abigael Torbjørnsdatter Fossøl at Ølen, died at age 42 in 1807

- so maybe Erik died at sea or something??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Grete

Thank you for this information.  

How are you at reading old handwriting?  Would you read what it says in Lar's probate (link above) dated March 1828?  There is mention of Eric, but I can't make out what it says.  Maybe it says he is not living, and that is why the Sveio bygdebok says "no later than 1828".  

Also, I think I see a mention of Henric Eriksen Haugsbø.  Can you tell the context?

Again, I thank you for your help...

Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Children of Erik and Abigael:

Lisbeth 1802-1802

Lars 1803

Lisbeth 1807

No Henrik is mentioned as a child of E & A, but the next user of the farm is Henrik Erikson who died in 1836 at the age of 60. He was married to Synneva Ådnesdatter who died in 1861, age 84.

Old handwriting is too difficult for me - sorry

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well, that answers one question... the Henrik whose death record I found in 1836 is not Erik (with the name written wrong).

I thought this was the probate for Lars Eriksen Haugsbø, Erik's father.  Because there is mention of Erik's sisters, Lisbet, Bodelle & Dordi.  And I'm pretty sure there is mention of Erik.  I just wondered if it says he is living or dead at the time of Lar's probate.

Maybe someone else can decifer it!

Again, I thank you, Grete, for your help...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

For me is it difficult to read the probate as well. I have tried to enlarge it . Then I can read some the part of it. Hopefully it is the info you need.

Erik Larsson is mentioned as deceased ( Afdød Søn). He is survived by two children.

Lars Erikson 22 1/2 ys Henrich Erichson Haugsbøe  is mentioned as his guardian

Lisabeth  20 ys. Tollak Mikkelson Strømmen is her guardian.

Endret av Geir K Eide
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Takk Geir!

Yes that was the key piece of information... that Erik Larsson was deceased.  Now, I know to look for his death BEFORE 1828, instead of after!  :)

Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Aibigail and Erich Larsson Hougsbøes son, Lars Erichson  8 ys ( mentioened 22 1/2 ys in May 1828)  seem to live at _Housbøe_  (sic) together with his grandparents and uncle, Hendrick Ericson,  according to a local church census at Stord parrish/ Valestrand subparrish in 1811. Rigth page  _

Aibigail and Erich Larsson Hougsbøes daugther Lisbeth 4 ys is probably at her guardians recidence Strømøen in 1811: rigth page second column. There is a  Lispeth Larsdtr 4 ys there. This is also according to the probate of May 1828.

Her guardian Tollach Michelson 44 ys seem to be Lisbeths and uncle Tollachs wife seem to be Erichs sister Bolette Larsdatter 38 ys .

I can`t find Lars and Lisbeths father at neither places or at the neighbour farms. This could be an indication that Lars and Lisbeths father, Erich Larsson Haugsbøe, is deceased by then. Or he is a sailor and absent.

Endret av Geir K Eide
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider