Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Klepp prior to 1793

Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can anyone tell me where to find Skannede kirkebøker for Klepp for the time period prior to 1793?  I don't see any listed.  Are they combined with another nearby area?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Leif.  This may help me with some family born & died prior to 1793.  Do you know, is there a name index (Skifteregister) for these scanned records?  I didn't find one for any part of Rogaland.

mvh

Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Patricia,

If you look on the page with Jæren og Dalane sorenskriveri you find many periods with "register". Click on the period you suggest could cover the death of the person in interest.  Hopefully the period you look for have a register, if not you have to look through the pages and try to find the person the hard way.  As you can see most of the periods have register, but not all.

I advise you to put out a question in this forum with the names and dates of the persons in interest and and hopefully you will get more help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk!  :)

I'm still learning to use the "new" site!

Endret av Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am looking for Anders Ommundsen Skas, who lived at Sør-Braut in Klepp.  He was married to Elisabeth Eivindsdtr.  Based on the 1758 census, he was born ca 1710 and Elisabeth ca 1718.  His son, Rasmus Viby Andersen (my ancestor) was born about 1758. So, Anders must have died sometime between 1758-1793.

I searched in the probate registers, and found one name that looked promising, but I was not able to find the actual entry.  Maybe someone can help me locate this record so I can see if it is "my" Anders.  It's in the far right column, near the middle.

http://arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/23937/3/?size=full&mode=0

I hope this link works...

Hilsen

Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have the Klepp bygdebok, but it doesn't give any death dates that you are searching for. But maybe he died i 1780;( some of the Norwegian words are 'greek' to me): 'Anders fekk bøgsel på 36 sp. 11/2 1750, førd til 1780'. The word 'førd' is new to me....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have the Klepp bygdebok, but it doesn't give any death dates that you are searching for. But maybe he died i 1780;( some of the Norwegian words are 'greek' to me): 'Anders fekk bøgsel på 36 sp. 11/2 1750, førd til 1780'. The word 'førd' is new to me....

My best guess for this quote is that Anders got a leasehold in Feb 1750 and it was registered to him until 1780.  If that is correct, I'm not sure what conclusion to draw.  Perhaps he died or maybe he just moved.

Thank you Grete for looking in the bygdebok for me.

Have you seen this old thread http://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/131449-45993-gidsken-schjelderup-og-francke-heide-meldal/page-4  where you find Rasmus Viby Andersen?

Leif, Thank you for the link regarding Rasmus Viby Andersen.  I'll have to see if I can translate it!

mvh

Patricia

Endret av Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider