Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Lunde på Omøe (Hetland)

Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I'm researching a family from Hetland.  In the church records (and also in the 1801 Census), the farm name is Lunde paa Omøe.  On the O. Rygh site and in the 1950 Matrikkelutkastet, there are three possible farms; Lunde nordre, Lunde søndre & Lunde (Hundvåg), gnrs 1,2 & 4, respectively.

Can anyone tell me how Lunde på Omøe translates into the modern farm names?  My money is on Lunde (Hundvåg), but that's just a hunch.

Help?  :unsure:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ormøy is an island next to Hundvåg. Some other islands between Lunde / Lundsvågen at Hundvåg.

Lunde at Åmøy might be a better suggestion

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Greta & Åsbjørg!

So, is it Åmøy now and not Omøe?  Is that the modern spelling?

Again, thank you for your help...

mvh

Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is my problem -- I am researching a family who lived at Lunde gard (in the early 1800s, in Hetland).  In the church records, sometimes it says only "Lunde", and other times it says "Lunde på Omøe".  If I consult O.Rygh or the 1950 Matrikkelutkastet, there are three farms in Hetland -- Lunde søndre, Lunde nordre and Lunde (Hundvåg).  Farm numbers 1, 2 and 4.  I was trying to match the farm name from the old church records to the modern-day farm name.  If Omøe is the same as Omøy and Ormøy, and if it is a part of Hundvåg, then I think this family must have lived at farm number 4, Lunde (Hundvåg).  Do I have this right?

Again, thank you all for your help!

mvh

Patricia

Endret av Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ormøy and Åmøy are different islands.

http://www.seeiendom.no/

search for:

1/1, Stavanger

You will find "Nordre Lunde" and "Søndre Lunde" at Åmøy north of Hundvåg

Omøe is probably Åmøy.

There is no farm / place at Ormøy called Lunde

Check out the link above.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Åsbjørg

Here is a copy of the burial record for Lars Olsen (#74), which states that he died at Lunde på Omøe in Hetland.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15880&idx_id=15880&uid=ny&idx_side=-387

If I understand you correctly, Omøe may now be the same as Omøy or Åmøy, but NOT Ormøy... right?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Åsbjørg

Here is a copy of the burial record for Lars Olsen (#74), which states that he died at Lunde på Omøe in Hetland.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15880&idx_id=15880&uid=ny&idx_side=-387

If I understand you correctly, Omøe may now be the same as Omøy or Åmøy, but NOT Ormøy... right?

Right :)

The island is called Vestre Åmøy and Austre Åmøy (Western and Eastern). Lunde is on Austre Åmøy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider