Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Help reading kirkebok Hadsel 1693-1738

Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am looking for a marriage/betrothal for Peder Larsen Morfjord in Hadsel.  I found records of his children born 1706 - 1720.  And I find him at Maarfiord in 1701 with two children born ca 1697 & ca 1699.  Also, found a marriage in 1709 to Ingebor Joensdatter.  I conclude from this that he was married at least twice.  I couldn't find a marriage prior to 1707.

I found this record in 1707 (19 Trin), which I can't quite make out.  It may not even be him.  Perhaps someone can help me with it?  It looks like it might be Peder Morfjord and (Elen??).

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=16708&idx_id=16708&uid=ny&idx_side=-213

I will appreciate any assistance...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for looking.  Isn't there a Peder ?? on the left-hand page very near the bottom?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The one you already found, his second marriage are described at trekilen.com It doesnæt appear to be any marriage records of his first marriage, if we belive this site.

Engagement

"Anno 1709. Festo Púrificat: Mariæ. trolofvet Peder Larß Lap med
Ingebor JoensDr. Caútionisterne vare Lars Michelß Lechanger og
Júst Danielß Aangstad".
Hadsel PF454 1704-38 s.217b

Second announcemet
"1709. Dca Reminscere. lýst anden gg for Peder Larß Lap, og
Ingebor JoensDr". 1704-28 s.52a

Marriage
"1709. Dca Lætare æcteviet Peder Larß lap med Ingebor JoensDr".

Our friend Bõrje Jonsson has made a note, that her name must be wrong. In the probate records her name is Pedersdatter, not Joensdatter.

http://www.trekilen.com/slekt/toril4k/sida0/h____6d0.htm

I don't know if you are familiar with the word Lap. In case not, this wiki should be sufficient. As you notice in the marriage records above, the priest has stated that Peder Larsen is a lap, in other words, of the Sami people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people

Endret av Jørgen M. Steen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Jørgen

This is very interesting.  I thought the same thing, that Ingeborg Joensdatter (in the marriage record) and Ingeborg Pedersdatter (in the probate) were the same person.  Then, I wondered if Peder Larsen Lap was the same person as the Peder Larsen at Morfjord.  

I found three generations at Morfjord.  Beginning in the 1666 Census with Stephen Pederß (age 51) and his sons Lauritz Stephensen (age 24), Peder Stephenß (age 21), and Hans Stephen. (age 17).  Then, in 1701, I found Peder Steffensen (age 61) and Lars Steffenß. (age 64) with his son Peder Lars. (age 30).  I know the ages are not exactly the same, but I think the Peder and Lauritz in 1666 are the same as the Peder and Lars in 1701.  

So, here is a question -- would it show that they are Lap in the census?  Or... is Peder Larsen Lap (who married in 1709) a totally different person. There is no mention of Morfjord in the marriage record.  But it does mention Lars Michelsen Lechanger (his father?).  

If I am reading what you wrote correctly, Bõrje Jonsson seems to believe that Peder Larsen Lap is the same as Peder Larsen Morfjord.  Right?

Thank you for your comments.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

According to trekilen.com, Peder Larsen, who is a Lap and married in 1709, are most likely the same person as Peder Larsen at Maarfjord in 1701, yes.

I can not see anything indicating the word Lap or similar in the 1701 cencus:

Kildeinformasjon: Nordland fylke, Vesterålen, Andenes og Lofoten fogderi, Manntall 18 (RA/EA-4070/J/Jb/L0018), 1701-1701, oppb: Riksarkivet.

Merknader: Manntallet 1701. Unntatt Røst og Værøy sogn i Lofoten fogderi, som man på grunn av hårdt vær ikke kunne oppta manntall i.

Permanent sidelenke: http://arkivverket.no/URN:db_read/ft/38465/36/

Lars Michelsen at Lechanger are not related, his family was just recently described at http://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/185066-skifte-etter-christopher-nielsen-gr%C3%B8nbech-nordland-dat-12-oktober-1771-og-annet-rundt-gr%C3%B8nbech-familiene-i-trondheim-og-hadsel/page-48#entry1622620

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Beginning in the 1666 Census with Stephen Pederß (age 51) and his sons Lauritz Stephensen (age 24), Peder Stephenß (age 21), and Hans Stephen. (age 17).  Then, in 1701, I found Peder Steffensen (age 61) and Lars Steffenß. (age 64) with his son Peder Lars. (age 30).  I know the ages are not exactly the same, but I think the Peder and Lauritz in 1666 are the same as the Peder and Lars in 1701. 

Tusen takk Jørgen

Do you agree with my conclusion (above), that the family I found at Morfiord in 1666 connects directly to the family there in 1701?  I assume this means that Peder's father, Lauritz/Lars and his father Stephen are also Lap?

Endret av Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have not done any real research of them to conclude, but it appears to be correct according to Borje Jonssons research. I would assume both Lauritz/Lars and his father Stephen is a Lap as well, although the sources available does not say anything about it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider