Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Slektning av Gulbrand Haakonsen Langebekk

Jen Adams
 Del

I'm looking for relatives of Gulbrand Haakonsen Langebekk, hoping to find proof that Gulbrand Haakonsen is my 3rd great grandfather Gilbert Bronson. Here is the information that I have on him after immigrating to the United States in 1882 & the information that I have been given for him while in Norway. Any proof (family letters, direct relatives, etc) that these two names are in fact one person would be greatly appreciated. I would love to prove that this is in fact my 3rd great grandfather and be able to find relatives still in Norway!

Gilbert Bronson B: 1837 D Norway: 30 Mar 1891 in Fremont, Dodge, Nebraska, USA

Immigrated: 1882 Pennsylvania-lived in Nebraska 

Married: Mary Olson B: 9 Apr 1839 in Sweden D: Sept. 28 1913 in Fremont, Dodge, Nebraska, USA

Children: Julia Bronson married (in Norway) Casper Anderson, Caroline Bronson married (in Norway) Edward Hansen, Gustave Bronson married (In USA) Mathilda Johnson, Anton Bronson married (In USA) Hattie Haven, Anna Bronson married (In USA) Irvin Pollock, Amelia Bronson married (In USA) Christian Jensen

Gulbrand Haagensen / Haakensen B: 1832 Norway  

immigrants: June 5, 1882 Heimstad: Eidskog-Line: Kopperud-Ship: King Bjorn-Travel: Albay NY

Gift: December 26, 1857 Wings, Hedmark, Norway two Maria Olsdatter Bergerud

Parents: Haakenaasen / Haagon Embretsen Kjensmo & Kari His Daughter Hea

Child: Julia Gulbrandsdatter b: 1858, Karoline Gulbrandsdatter b: 1861, Gustav Gulbrandsen b: 1864, Anton Gulbrandsen b: 1871, Hedvig Gulbrandsdatter b: 1874, Milla Gulbrandsdatter b: 1878th

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We regret to inform you that we are not sufficiently staffed to undertake the genealogical investigation in question. (Especially extensive and time-consuming searches for your living family members.) Relevant sources such as parish registers and censuses are available on the Digital Archives. We therefore transfer this topic to the User’s Forum,  a website where you hopefully can get some help from fellow genealogists.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We regret to inform you that we are not sufficiently staffed to undertake the genealogical investigation in question. (Especially extensive and time-consuming searches for your living family members.) Relevant sources such as parish registers and censuses are available on the Digital Archives. We therefore transfer this topic to the User’s Forum,  a website where you hopefully can get some help from fellow genealogists.

I thought that my post was posted on the Oslo Forum, guess I misplaced my post on the wrong forum. Sorry for your time, Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is Gulbrand Haagensen and his family in the 1865 census for Eidskog in Hedmark county:

http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/en-gb/ft/person/pf01038038000903

Household members

P.no. H.no. Name Age/born Place of birth Family position Marital status Occupation Residential status

001 01 Gulbrand Haagensen 32 Eidskogs Prgj. Huusfader g Huusmand

002 01 Marie Olsdatter 30 Sverige hans Kone g    

003 01 Julie Gulbrandsdatter 8 Eidskogs Prgj. deres Datter ug    

004 01 Caroline Gulbrandsdatter 4 Eidskogs Prgj. deres Datter ug    

005 01 Gustav Gulbrandsen 2 Eidskogs Prgj. deres Søn ug    

Residence (house/farm/property)

They lived at Krogfossæteren in 1865. 

Endret av Grethe Flood
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is the birth and baptism record for Anton, born on 2 July 1881 in Eidskog, Hedmark. His parents were tenant Kasper Andreassen and his wife Julie Gulbrandsdatter: 

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N4JS-9NP

Hedmark fylke, Eidskog, Ministerialbok nr. 3 (1879-1892), Fødte og døpte 1881, side 33. 
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=6035&idx_id=6035&uid=ny&idx_side=-37
Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070111650484.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is Gulbrand Haagensen and his family in the 1865 census for Eidskog in Hedmark county:

http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/en-gb/ft/person/pf01038038000903

Household members

P.no. H.no. Name Age/born Place of birth Family position Marital status Occupation Residential status

001 01 Gulbrand Haagensen 32 Eidskogs Prgj. Huusfader g Huusmand

002 01 Marie Olsdatter 30 Sverige hans Kone g    

003 01 Julie Gulbrandsdatter 8 Eidskogs Prgj. deres Datter ug    

004 01 Caroline Gulbrandsdatter 4 Eidskogs Prgj. deres Datter ug    

005 01 Gustav Gulbrandsen 2 Eidskogs Prgj. deres Søn ug    

Residence (house/farm/property)

They lived at Krogfossæteren in 1865. 

Thank you, Do you have any info on his parents or siblings? Parents: Haakenaasen / Haagon Embretsen Kjensmo (1792) & Kari His Daughter Hea (1793), married 1817. Siblings: Ragnhild Hakonsdatter, Ole Hakonsen, Ellen Maria Hakonsdatter, Erik hakonsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

From Eidskog Bygdebok (= Farm book), the farm Langebekk under the main farm 'Almenninga':

The Langebekk farm was abandoned sometimes around 1880/-90 because the owner reclaimed his property back. Håkon Embretsen (born at Kjensmo in Høland) and his son Gudbrand was the only users of Langebekk.

Håkon Embretsen Kjensmo 1783 - aug 17 1870, m 1817 to Kari Hansdatter Hea 1791 - june 7 1856. Children:

Ragnhild 1821

Ellen Maria 1823 (married to the user of Krokfosseteren)

Hans 1825

Erik 1828-1865

Ole 1831

Gudbrand may 7 1833

Gudbrand Håkonsen m dec 26 1857 to Marie Olsdatter Bergerud b in Sweden oct 20 1831. Children:

Karen nov 15 1857

Julie may 3 1858

Karoline sept 26 1861

Gustav june 9 1864 - april 18 1867

Anton july 27 1871

Anne Hedvig janu 25 1874

Milla Bolette jan 23 1877

Grete

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider