Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Ruth Schelin f.1899 (Gøteborg?) gm nordmann i Usa

Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen
 Del

Helt ukjent med søk i Sverige, men ser det er flere som er dyktige på det her.

Leter etter Ruth Elaine Elizabeth Schelin

Født: 7 Okt 1899 (Gøteborg?), Sverige

Ekteskap: Nils Olai Nils. Tofteroo den 23 Jan 1926 i USA

Død: 1 Jul 1969, Boston, Mass.

Ifølge 1930-tellingen for Norwood, Mass emigrerte hun i 1923, men mer vet jeg ikke. Kom hun alene? Med foreldre? Hvem var de, hvor var de fra?

Jeg mener deres første barn var Anna Margaretha (Peggy) Tofteroo, født i juli 1926, siden fulgte Robert Oliver, Irene Viola (død ung) og Nils Frederick Tofteroo, om barnas navn kan være en pekepinn. Hans foreldre het Nils og Anna.

Noen som vet hvor jeg kan begynne å nøste, eller som kan hjelpe meg i Sverige?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ruth Elaine Elizabeth Schelin
7 October 1899 - 1 July 1969   (Ancestral File Number: 4DL5-D6S)
Ruth Elaine Elizabeth Schelin
birth:  7 October 1899
Gøteborg, Sverige death:  1 July 1969
Boston, Mass., USA more

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/9HNY-WCD

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Det er vel denne, Ruth Elin Elisabeth Sjölin, født 7. oktober 1899 i Göteborgs Gamlestad, med far Axel Sjölin f. 1862 og mor Gustava Karlsdotter f. 1865

Familien i Sveriges Befolkning 1900:

Endret av Sven Hjortland
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nils Olai Nils Tofteroo er vel denne, nummer 4:

Kildeinformasjon: Hordaland fylke, Sund i Sund, Ministerialbok nr. B 1 (1882-1907), Fødte og døpte 1894, side 54.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=4531&idx_id=4531&uid=ny&idx_side=-53
Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20060620090054.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei

Jeg fant dette på ancestry.com

Foreldre til Axel

Søsken av Carl Johan

Mette

Endret av Mette R Francke
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dere er jo helt fantastiske! Tusen, tusen takk!

Neste skritt blir vel å finne henne og familien emigrert. Undres om hun reiste alene, kanskje det er mer slekt i USA?

Jeg har god kontroll på Tofteroo/Tofteraa/Tofterå-siden, det er min nærmeste slekt. Ruth har vi ikke visst noe om før hun kom ti USA.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Utreisen 30. april 1923:

Namn: RUT ELIN ELISABET SJÖLIN
Kön: K     Född: 1899-10-07
Församling: GBG:S GAMLESTAD     Län: O
Yrke/Titel: SÖMMERSKA     Civilstånd: OG
Hemförsaml: GBG:S VASA     Län: O
Bosatt: 10/4 11
Utvandrdag: 1923-04-30     Ålder: 23
Ensam/Familj: ENSAM
Destland: AMERIKA     Landskod: AM
Faders namn: AXEL SJÖLIN
Faders yrke: RÖRLÄGGARE
Moders namn: GUSTAVA CARLSDOTTER
Sida i husförhörslängd: 121
Huvudakt:      Aktnr: 033
Anteckning:
Utvandringshamn Göteborg. Datum för utvandringen 12 /5 1923.
Ankomsthamn New York. Destinationsort Boston, Mass. Fartygets  
namn Stockholm.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk, Lars og Anne-Lise! Dette var til god hjelp! Da traff hun altså sin Nils mens hun besøkte broren Josef.

Det blir artig å se om Josef hadde etterkommere i Massachusets - ingen hos oss visste at hun hadde slekt der!

Endret av Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Evelyn S. Ellis, 80, passed away peacefully on Thursday, March 27, 2012.

Services will be 10 a.m. Monday at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Noble.

She was born in Norwood, Mass. on Dec. 22, 1931, the second daughter of Joseph and Ethel Schelin. She lived in Massachusetts during the first 21 years of her life. She met her future husband, Warren, while attending Northeastern University, where she had earned a scholarship while attending prep school in Boston. Evelyn also worked for a time as a lab technician for the Polaroid Corporation, makers of the instant photo Polaroid Cameras.

She married Warren in March 1953 and they were blessed with six sons all that grew into their maturity. Married for over 58 years, Evelyn followed Warren to various parts of the world as an Army wife; none of the boys, except for the twins, were born in the same country, let alone city or state. They settled in Noble in order for Warren to attend law school and completed raising the boys there.

Evelyn was totally dedicated to her family; nothing was more important to her than her husband and boys. A homemaker and stay-at home mom for all of her life, she also excelled in needlework including crewel and cross stitching. She loved Indian art, miniature nativities and “good” music; she even became a master weaver. Evelyn was also active in her church; her church service included a full-time mission for 18 months at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah and serving locally as the president of the Relief Society, as a Sunday school teacher and as a genealogical library worker.

She was preceded in death by her parents, Joseph A. Schelin and Ethel Wally Christina Peterson (Schelin), by her husband Warren H. Ellis, Sr. and by her sons, Steven A. Ellis and Joseph B. Ellis.

She is survived by her sons, Warren H. Ellis, Jr. and Peter A. Ellis, both of Norman, Daniel D. Ellis of Meade, Colo. and Robert L. Ellis of Wichita, Kan. and their respective families.

The Family has asked that in lieu of flowers that donations are made in her name to the charity of the donor’s choice.

Visitation will be 4-7 p.m. today Primrose Funeral Service.

http://www.normantranscript.com/obituaries/article_2b1a7244-c074-5998-b437-3fc153f0a255.html?mode=jqm

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ethel Wally Schelin

Massachusetts, Naturalization Index, 1906-1966

birth: 1905   naturalization: 1952 Massachusetts

Ethel W Schelin

United States Social Security Death Index

birth: 1 January 1905   death: 18 March 1996 Walpole, Norfolk, Massachusetts

Joseph Schelin

United States Social Security Death Index

birth: 24 December 1891   death: March 1968 Walpole, Norfolk, Massachusetts

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mulig etterkommer av Joseph Schelin?

Klikk på lenken,så ser du bilde av henne.

Manager of Food Service Program at Jacques School Dies at 57 Jennifer M. Parquette died on Sept. 2

By Michael Ryan (Patch Staff) Updated September 9, 2013 at 3:47 am

Jennifer M. Parquette, 57, resident of Milford, NH, died on September 2, 2013, at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Nashua, NH.

She was born in Norwood, MA on March 25, 1956, a daughter of Helen (Schelin) Jones of Walpole, MA and the late Fredrick Jones.

Jennifer made her home in Milford for the past 30 years and formerly lived in Amherst, NH.

She was the manager of the food service program at Jacques School in Milford, where she worked for the past 16 years and was well-known as “The Lunch Lady.” She loved to feed and talk to the students at Jacques; her personal touch made her a favorite among them and she took great pride in recognizing the children even after they graduated from high school.

Jennifer loved gardening, visiting the beach, cooking for her family and friends, and also spending time with her family.

In addition to her mother, family members include her husband of 35 years, Robert “Barry” Parquette of Milford; two daughters, Kristin Marie Parquette of Portland, ME and Kimberly Lynne Parquette of Milford; a son, Kevin Richard Parquette of Nashua, NH; a sister, Diane Beninato of Dedham, MA; two brothers, Kenneth Jones of Walpole, MA and Arthur Jones of Norton, MA; her mother-in-law, Elizabeth Parquette of Walpole, MA; and several nieces and nephews.

Memorial visiting hours are on Saturday, September 7th from 2:00-4:00 pm in the Smith & Heald Funeral Home, 63 Elm Street, Milford. A gathering will follow at the American Legion on Cottage Street in Milford. To share a memory or offer a condolence, please go to  www.smith-heald.com.

http://patch.com/new-hampshire/milford-nh/manager-of-food-service-program-at-jacques-school-dies-at-57

Endret av Ann-Mary Engum
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Frederick A. Jones age 85 years died in the Harrington House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Walpole, Massachusetts on Tuesday, December 23, 2008. Born in Norwood, Massachusetts on October 30, 1923, he was the son of the late Charles and Gladys (Hughey) Jones. He graduated from Norwood High School with the class of 1943. Immediately after high school, he joined the United States Navy and served his country during World War II. Mr. Jones has been living in Walpole for the past 57 years moving from Norwood.

He worked for the James Reardon Construction Company in Norwood for 30 years first as a mason then later as the supervisor for the masons. He was a member of the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Union Local 1 for 50 years.

Beloved husband of Helen E. (Schelin) Jones. Loving father of Diane E. Benenato of Dedham, Jennifer M. Parquette of Milford, NH, Kenneth S. Jones of Bellingham, and Arthur F. Jones of Norton. Cherished grandfather of 7. Brother of Gladys Fermano of Walpole and pre deceased by 7 brothers and sisters. Also survived by many nieces and nephews.

Relatives and friends are kindly invited to attend the funeral service that will be held in the James H. Delaney & Son Funeral Home 48 Common Street Walpole on Monday, December 29, 2008 at 10:00 AM. Visiting hours are Sunday, December 28, 2008 from 3-6PM. Interment will be in Terrace Hill Cemetery, Walpole. Memorial donations may be made to the charity of your choice.

http://www.delaneyfuneral.com/obits/obituary.php?id=600804

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ruths søster Ellen Gertrud døde ung:

Sjölin, Ellen Gertrud Constantia

Ranbergen 132

Död 15/5 1905.

Kyrkobokförd i Örgryte, Göteborgs stad (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland).

Född 16/7 1895 i Örgryte (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland).

Flicka under 18 år.
--------------
Motsvarande kyrkobokföringsförsamling(ar) 1/1 2010:
Härlanda, Göteborgs kn (Västra Götalands län, Västergötland)
Örgryte, Göteborgs kn (Västra Götalands län, Västergötland)
Björkekärr, Göteborgs kn (Västra Götalands län, Västergötland)

Födelseförsamling i källan:
Örgryte (Göteborgs och Bohus län)

Källor:
DB, FS

Broren Axel Evald:

18971111-501

Sjölin, Axel Evald Daniel

Kungsladugårdsg 16

Död 15/11 1955.

Kyrkobokförd i Göteborgs Karl Johan, Göteborgs kn (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland).

Född 11/11 1897 i Örgryte (Göteborgs och Bohus län, Västergötland).

Gift man (11/6 1921).
--------------
Motsvarande kyrkobokföringsförsamling(ar) 1/1 2010:
Göteborgs Carl Johan, Göteborgs kn (Västra Götalands län, Västergötland)

Födelseförsamling i källan:
Örgryte (Göteborgs och Bohus län)

Källor:
DOR 52-60 / PA, MTL

Endret av Sven Hjortland
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dette er jo supert, Sven! Tusen takk!

Finner du også en Tage Oliver Emanuel, f. 1903 i Örgryte død i Sverige? Finner ham ikke utvandret.

Av barna har vi nå funnet at

Elsa (Elsie) ble gift Nelson i USA, vet ikke når hun døde.

Josef kalte seg Schelin i USA, død 1968.

Karl kalte seg David Schelin i USA, gift i 1918, men vet ikke med hvem, eller når/hvor han døde.

Margit (Maria) var en stund i USA (census 1920) men reiste hjem. gm. Ahlert, død 1978.

Ellen døde ung, 1905.

Axel døde i Sverige 1955.

Ruth gift Tofteroo i USA, død 1969.

Tage f. 1903 vet vi ikke.

Ritchild ble i Sverige, død 1990.

De fleste utvandrerne holdt til rundtom i Massachusetts (Norwood).

Tusen takk for all hjelp så langt!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider