Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Elen Serine Evensen fodt i Liverpool, England

Vincent Wright
 Del

Hello, my name is Vincent Wright and I am the great-grandson of Berthel Martinius Evensen Ostraadt of Ostraadt Ovre, Hoyland County, near Stavanger/Sandnes.  Berthel was born in 1850 to Even Evensen Ostraadt and Marta Serine Knudsdatter Skaret.  He emigrated to Liverpool, England sometime after 1872.  He married an English woman and they had two children, Berthel Martin Evensen, who died at birth in 1881 and Elen Serine Evensen.  Elen appears in the 1911 census of England as 'Ellen S Evenson' and after this I have no trace.  There was a rumour that she had emigrated to Norway but this is not confirmed.  Has anyone any trace of this person immigrating to Norway after 1911?

Many thanks.

Vincent

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Vincent,

We have searched for "Elen Serine Evensen" in Stavanger, Sandnes and Høyland i 1920, but we can find no trace of her.

Of course she may have been married in 1920, and the registers are listed by family-name.

Perhaps you should ask in "Brukernes eget forum" in this "Spør oss"-page, and also send a request to DIS Norway about this person. (disnorge.no).

Best regards and best of luck with your further investigations

Jan Alsvik

Statsarkivet i Stavanger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Many thanks, Jan.  I will do as you suggest.  I looked for marriages and deaths in England but could find none which could indicate that she may have emigrated before marriage.

Needle in a haystack!

Thanks again.

Kind regards, Vin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello again Jan.  I have re-posted on the user forum but just to say that I had made a mistake with the County.  It should have been Rogaland not Hoyland.

Kind regards, Vin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider