Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Elen Serine Evensen fodt i Liverpool, England

Vincent Wright
 Del

Hello, my name is Vincent (Vin) Wright and I am the great-grandson of Berthel Martinius Evensen Ostraadt of Ostraadt Ovre farm, Rogaland County.  Berthel was born in 1850 to Even (Eivind) Evensen (Eivindsen) Ostraadt and Marta Serine Knudsdatter Skaret.  He emigrated to Liverpool, England sometime after 1872.  He married an English woman and they had two children, Berthel Martin and Elen Serine.  Berthel died at birth but Elen survived.  This first marriage ended when his wife, Mary Jane Wharton, died.  He re-married and had other children, one of which was my grandfather.

The last record I have of Elen Serine was in the 1911 census of England when she was 19 years old.  I can find no trace in English records of either marriage or death and there was a rumour that she emigrated to Norway but this is unconfirmed.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this person immigrating from England after 1911?

Many thanks.

Sincerely,

Vin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for your posting, Hans.  In actual fact that website is from my distant cousin in Canada and I gave him most of the detail regarding my side of the family.  But I appreciate your help.

Kind regards, Vin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Would this be Elen With her Family in 1891  ?

1891 Engalnd, Wales & Scotland Census

Berthel Evensen Head Married Male 40 1851 Mariner Norway

Catherine Evensen Wife Married Female 28 1863 - Bedforshire, England

Ellen Selina Evensen Daughter Single Female 8 Scolar Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Martha Catherine Evensen Daughter Single Female 0 1891 Bootle,Lancashire, England

If so: She can not be 19 in the 1911 census ?

Hans

Endret av Hans Gangstø
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Hans, sorry, typographical error, I meant 29.  She was born in the last quarter of 1882 and christened on the 20th December 1882.

In the 1911 census she was at work at a boarding school in Liverpool and for this reason I cannot say if she was still living with the family at 37 Cranworth Street where my grandfather lived.  Berthel (my great-grandfather had died in 1908.

Kind regards, Vin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider