Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Andreas Tanberg, born ca 1870 (1930 and 1940 census -US)

Carla J Tweeton
 Del

Andreas may have been born in Tyristand in Hole or Norderhov, Buskerud.  The above two census say he was 50 and 60 years old.  He may have been the child of Johanna Andersdatter and Nils Engebretson ?? I have searched the church records but some are missing for

Tyristand ; have also searched Norderhov and Hole.   Johanna and Nils Engebretsen were the parents of Nicolai Nilsen Tanberg, born July 23, 1876 in Tyristand, Hole.  The obituary for Nicolai states his father died before he was two years old and that Nicolai with his mother   emigrated to Rothsay, MN in 1878.   Andreas (Andrew) was definitely included in the family of Johanna and her husband, Christian, whom she married in Wilkin County MN. in the early US census.    I have begun to wonder if Johanna adopted Andreas because of the span in the two births .  I have searched the church emigration lists with no luck (Andreas or Johanna and Nicolai) and tried to search the Oslo emigration lists.   Would the Ringerike Historical Society (Tom  Larson) have any clues?

Thank you,

Carla Tweeton

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Carla

In Ringerike slektshistorielags database I have found this when Nikolai was babt in 1876.

Døpt i Hole kirke 1876

NAVN: Nikolai

KJØNN: M

EKTE/UEKTE: U

FØDT: 23/07-1876

DØPT: 27/08-1876

FAR: Nils Engebretsen Veien

YRKE/STAND: Sargeant

MOR: Johanne Andersdatter Dæhli Skjærdalen

YRKE/STAND: Tjænestepig, Husmandsdatter

Faddere

Jørgine Gulbrandsd. Skjærdalen

Mathea Andersd. Dahl

Olava Pedersd. Ask

Hans Jakobsen Skjærdal

Johan Andersen Skjærdal

Merknader: K:Uægte. Nils Engebretsen Veien i Tjeneste paa Norstad i Houg Sogn i Norderhoug. Hendes andet Leiemaal. Hendes ældste

barn Andreas døbt af Sogne præsten i Gamle Aker. det opgives 6 Aar ??, dets fader ?? Anders Johnsen

(ser ut som Thronsen i kirkeboka, se neste innlegg) i Christiania.

Af barnemoderen.

Endret av Tom Larsen.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gamle Aker kirke 1864-1872. side 211 nr, 132.

Kildeinformasjon: Oslo fylke, Gamle Aker, Ministerialbok nr. 2 (1864-1872), Fødte og døpte 1870, side 211.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=594&idx_id=594&uid=ny&idx_side=-216

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20060228020216.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tom,

Thanks so much.  I'm having trouble reading the 'Remarks' beginning with (hendes andet Leiemaal'  then det opgives 6 aar??  ).

Then the middle of the church record is hard to see and interpret after (Johanna, born 1844). Was there confusion as to the last

name of the father?  

Johanna must have gone to Christiania to find work ?

Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Andreas born 1870 February 19th, baptized May 29th, Out of wedlock, Parents (pige) Johanne Andersdtr f. 1844.

As the child's father the bachelor, servant Anders Thronsen is pointed out.
Address: Dæleneng.

Godparents: Sørine Christensen, Karen Larsen, Harald Christensen, Andreas Thronsen.
The information about the birth was given by the married woman Kari Rasmussen. 1st 'Leiermaal'.

Endret av Anne-Lise Hansen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tom,

(...)

Was there confusion as to the last name of the father?  

(...)

Carla

The record of the baptism is the primary source to the name of Andreas' father, so the vicar in Gamle Aker most likely wrote his patronym incorrect in the papers Johanne brought with her to Hole parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Carla

Problemet var i databasen (som er blitt laget med hjelp av arbeidsløse ungdom for mange år siden,

der har de vært usikkre om det sto Johnsen.)

jeg leste det som Thronsen.

Når det gjelder emigrant protokollene fra Oslo er det flere som ikke er med i databasen på digitalarkivet.

så det kan være grunn til at du ikke finner Johanne, Nikolai der.

legger ved link til Hole kirkebok 1876 og det er lett å se at de har tolket det til Johnsen.

Kildeinformasjon: Buskerud fylke, Hole, Ministerialbok nr. I 7 (1873-1877), Fødte og døpte 1876, side 31.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=5876&idx_id=5876&uid=ny&idx_side=-31

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20061101330506.jpg

Tom

Endret av Tom Larsen.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This was a puzzle I thought would never be solved!   Thank you so much.  If you would help  with Tom's last post, I would appreciate it; I can

read some of it but not all.   I grew  up in the township of Norwegian Grove in MN with the neighbors talking Norwegian and drinking coffee but they

only taught us to count to 10!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here a ruff translate.

The problem was in the database (which has been created with the help of unemployed youth, many years ago,

where they have been insecure about it stood Johnsen.)

I read it as Thronsen.

Regarding emigrant protocols from Oslo there are several that are not included in the database of digital archives.

so there may be reason why you can not find Johanne, Nikolai there.

attach link to Hole parish in 1876 and it is easy to see that they have interpreted it to Johnsen.

Endret av Tom Larsen.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider