Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Births and Baptisms Out of Wedlock in Vinger, 1802

Clark Monson
 Del

In the Vinger Church records under the heading  "Births and Baptisms Out of Wedlock" I am looking for help in reading an entry.  On July 25, 1802 there were two children listed.  There is a "Gulbrand" baptized.  Right below his record is a child named "Johan".  I think it says his mother's name is "Martha Samuelsdatter."  I am wondering if somebody can tell me what the rest of the entry for "Johan" says?  Thank you very much!

Clark Monson

Grand Forks, North Dakota

USA 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Link:

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9130&idx_id=9130&uid=ny&idx_side=-264

In the Vinger Church records under the heading  "Births and Baptisms Out of Wedlock" I am looking for help in reading an entry.  On July 25, 1802 there were two children listed.  There is a "Gulbrand" baptized.  Right below his record is a child named "Johan".  I think it says his mother's name is "Martha Samuelsdatter."  I am wondering if somebody can tell me what the rest of the entry for "Johan" says?  Thank you very much!

Clark Monson

Grand Forks, North Dakota

USA 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

After Johan I think it says:

Baptised at Græsmoes 11th June, next bit is difficult to read.

Second line has the name of the supporters.

This child was baptised at Græsmoes and this event confirmed at the church 25th July same year.

It is a farm with the name Grasmoe in Vinger, but those parents was not there at the 1801 Census

Endret av Glenn Hillstrand
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Can you read what Johan's mother and father's name is?  Thank you?

Mother: Marthe Samuelsdatter Waraldseiet:

Father: Avskjediget (dismissed) Grenader Johan Johansen Mangaaen(?)

His first - her second child out of wedlock.

Her first 1800 on the 18th of February.

Her first child: 

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9130&idx_id=9130&uid=ny&idx_side=-263

She was at that time not confirmed.

In the 1801 census:

http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/ft/person/pf01058240002107

Endret av Jon Erik Berg-Hansen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Possibly!

The entry clearly reads : Græ (ae)smark.

I can't find any location in Hedmark county by that name, and the distance to Gresmark in Sweden is only 50km's.

Jon Erik

Thank you!  The child was not born and baptized in Gräsmark, Sweden? 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider