Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Ole Halversen Flom 1734-1812 - Aurland Parish in Yttre Sogn

Richard Einerson Tjøn
 Del

Hi,

Just writing to see if anyone has insights as to where this man was born and/or where his family came from. I looked and cannot find a baptism in the Aurland parish records. I discovered a probate document that I believe may describe his parents. The parents were listed as Halvor Torrisen Flom and Gunhild Olsdatter as well as two children; Ole and Torris (Yttre Sogn skiftem. book 6a, page 97b). Both parents were deceased by 1743 in which I found another probate document for a Sophie Halvorsd. Flom (Yttre Sogn skiftem. book 6a, page 269b). This document appears to indicate Ole Halversen Flom then aged 11 years, was the ward of Sophie Halvorsd. In addition, the document appears to mention that some or all of the people indicated therein may have come from Voss.

Does any of this sound familiar to those of you with detailed knowledge of Aurland parish or am I on the wrong track?

Thanks,

Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

According to "Ættebok for Aurland" volume II, page 276, Halvor T. Flåm (1688-1740) married Gunhild Olsdatter in 1734. They had a son Ole (1734-1812), and another son Torjus, born 1739, nut he died in 1741. Halvor T. Flåm was the son of Solvi Halvarsdatter (died 1743) and the step-son of Mons Olsen Flåm (1688-1741). The book suggests  Solvi Halvarsdatter came from Voss parish, and she died in Raundalen, Voss. Halvor T. was once called Halvor Loven.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider