Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

History of Nordfjord Volden farm in Roros

Porter Long
 Del

Quick question:  Does anyone have historical details on the Nordfjord Volden farm near Roros?  

I have been looking for Anders Sivertsen Nordfjord for quite a while now (as many of you know- I've posted for help in the past).  There have been many who said that he probably came from a farm in Nordfjord, which I think is a strong argument.  I was looking through farm names and found that there was a Nordfjord Volden near Roros.  If it predates him, then I think maybe we should check its records, if there are any.  It probably doesn't predate him, though (I would guess it was probably named after the Nordfjord family that was related to Anders Olsen Nordfjord and lived in Roros about the same time).

Just trying to remove some possibilities,

Porter Long i Texas

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

https://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/197185-anders-sivertsen-nordfjord-i-roros-sor-trondelag-i-1692/?hl=porter

In the 1701 manntall (cencus) I have found one Iver Andersen Norfior, age 29, born (about) 1672, but i'm sure if he has anything to do with Anders Sivertsen:

http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/en-gb/gen/vis/206/pc00000000589826

I have not read the book by Irgens about the Norfiord family at Røros copper work....! 

When Iver died, his given age is 89, born about 1666...! But old people's age can sometimes not be reliable.... 

http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/en-gb/kb/gr/person/pg00000000047994

Endret av Grethe Flood
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I followed the Anders Sivertsen Myckelbust lead and found that it was a dead end (the first link you posted to my request).  

I'm sure there's some sort of a connection.  Just have to find what it is....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I was looking through farm names and found that there was a Nordfjord Volden near Roros.  If it predates him, then I think maybe we should check its records, if there are any.  It probably doesn't predate him, though (I would guess it was probably named after the Nordfjord family that was related to Anders Olsen Nordfjord and lived in Roros about the same time).

Just trying to remove some possibilities,

There can be no doubt that Nordfjordvollen has got its name after a person or a family by the name of Nordfjord - it's definitely not the other way around.

In the mountainous area surrounding the mining town of Røros (in the former Røros landsogn, Glåmos, and Brekken) there are several dozens of "voller" (shielings or summer farms) that have got their name after a previous owner's or tenant's first name (e.g. Strømmevollen, Mattisvollen, Estensvollen, Sakrisvollen, Fastevollen, Brynildsvollen, Evavollen, Haftorsvollen, Jonolsavollen, Pellevollen, Salvevollen, Sølfestvollen, Colbentvollen) or family name (e.g. Strikkertvollen, Kokkvollen, Tamnesvollen, Hjulmakervollen, Florvollen, Bredalsvollen, Jamtvollen, Kjelsbergvollen, Kommandantvollen, Grenadervollen, Kvaksvollen, Tellebondvollen). Without doubt Nordfjordvollen belongs to the latter cathegory.

I have Aage Henrik Irgens' book "Opplysninger om en slekt NORFIOR (NORDFJORD) ved Røros kobberverk" (1961), but after a quick browsing through the book I can find no mention of Anders Sivertsen/Syversen/Sjursen Nordfjord in it. He may not even belong to the Nordfjord-family with which the book deals.- his name only shows the origin of his family, like many other family names in Røros (e.g. Tønset, Selboe, Aalbyg, Opdal, Søndmør, Døl, Romsdal, Jamt, Svensk). Most probably, there were more than one family in Røros by the name of Nordfjord, not necessarily related to eachother, but with the only thing in common that they hailed from Nordfjord.

For our easy reference, here is a link to another discussion where Anders Sivertsen Nordfjord is mentioned - "Hvem tror du at du er" 2013 - post #253 onwards.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider