Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Gammel Digitalarkivet ledig her!

Margaret Miller
 Del

For some reason the important information at top of the website of the English language version of the old Digital Archives is not translated into Norwegian. A more or less accurate translation is as follows:

"This is an old version of Digital Archives . This website will remain available until equivalent functionality is established on the new website of the Digital Archive . Data will not be updated thru this interface and new data are not published here. Go to http://arkivverket.no/digitalarkivetfor updated and new data."

This has been the status of  the old version of Digital Archives since the new website commenced operation several years ago. One ought to have that in mind when searching for info utilizing the old version.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Someone changed the website!  Here it is again:

http://gda.arkivverket.no/cgi-win/WebMeta.exe?spraak=e

It might look like the old, but go to something the new version no longer does.  One thing is to go to 1865 census (example), take it all the way down so you see the person you are looking for.  The new version stops at all the same named people, but won't let you see that person in the census.

address changes automatically.  Insert this:

arkivverket.no/cgi-win/WebMeta.....and rest.

Endret av Margaret Miller
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That's good to know too.  I still like better where I can ask for names and all spellings come up for me to choose from.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

( 4 )

Margaret,A tip which maybe you know or do not know. When I look for people I use the first 2 or 3 letters of their last name in the census.The results show all the last names starting with those letters. IE= To find Danielson,Danielsen,Danielssen, I enter Dan and all names starting with Dan come up. I use the same system looking for farms. It simplifies looking through all the census records.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

( 4 )

Margaret,A tip which maybe you know or do not know. When I look for people I use the first 2 or 3 letters of their last name in the census.The results show all the last names starting with those letters. IE= To find Danielson,Danielsen,Danielssen, I enter Dan and all names starting with Dan come up. I use the same system looking for farms. It simplifies looking through all the census records.

True, but sometimes there are very crazy spellings for people's names, so it is best to see what is available in a parish, then choose.  Sometimes you would never guess the right name or place born.  One time I was looking for parish born and there in the list of "all" was a farm name instead.  

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider