Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Johannes Jonsen and Brønil Oldatter

Jay Hagfeldt
 Del

Hi all,

I've been using Digital Archives of Norway off and on for many years and am very grateful for the services it has provided. It is so much easier to do research on this site rather than ordering microfilm and searching endlessly for my ancestors. I have never used the discussion forums however.

I am hoping someone can help me with locating a farm?

In the Hemne parish marriage records (1795-1818) of Sør-Trøndelag county, there is an entry for whom I believe are my ggg grandparents. In the last entry on page 182 it lists Johannes Jonsen of Vorpbugten and Brønnil Olsdatter of Leichnæsset married 19 October 1808. I found two possibilities for the Vorpbugten farm. One in Frei parish and the other in Qværnæs parish both in Møre og Romsdal county. Maybe they are the same place. But I can not seem to locate the Leichnæsset farm. It may be that I have misinterptreted its spelling or maybe it is known as another name. If anyone can shed some light I would be appreciative.

Jay Hagfeldt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Hi Jay,

I believe Leikneset was a small farm on Hemnskjela (island in the municipality of Snillfjord in Sør-Trøndelag county). It is mentioned in Hemneboka, Gardssoge for Østre Heim : gnr. 1-27, and in 

Hemneboka : ei bygdebok for Hemne prestegjeld bind 3In the 1801 census there is one Brønil Olsdatter registered at Hevnschiellen (Hemnskjela), family registered at the farm "Læichnesset" (see notes under Ole Larsen).

Vorpbukta is also a farm located on Hemnskjela. Both Johannes Jonsen and Brønil Olsdatter are mentioned on page 82 in the first aforementioned book.

Regards,

Egil

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Jay,

I believe Leikneset was a small farm on Hemnskjela (island in the municipality of Snillfjord in Sør-Trøndelag county). It is mentioned in Hemneboka, Gardssoge for Østre Heim : gnr. 1-27, and in 

Hemne Boka: a bygdebok for Hemne parish volume 3 In the 1801 census there is one Brønil Olsdatter registered that  Hevnschiellen (Hemnskjela), family registered at the farm "Læichnesset" ( see notes below Ole Larsen ).

Vorpbukta is also a farm located on Hemnskjela. Both Johannes Jonsen and Brønil Olsdatter are mentioned on page 82 in the first aforementioned book.

Regards,

Egil

Hei Egil,

A thousand thanks for your help.  Your reference links to the bygdeboks will be immensely helpful as will your reference to the 1801 census that shows Brønil's family.
I didn't realize that bygdeboks were available at the National Library of Norway.  I'll check with the library to see if I can get digital access to them.

As a side note, I'll be visiting Norway in August for a couple of weeks, especially in the Bergen and Ålesund areas. We are looking forward to seeing much of the country during our visit.

Take care.
Jay
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider