Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Samuel Christiaansz from West Risor

Pamela Doelmalik
 Del

I am looking for my ancestor, Samuel Christiaansz from West-Risor, Norway. I found recently his marriage with maria Hansz from Hamburgh, Germany. They married on Curacao, Dutch Antilles. 

Now I have idea that they born around the year 1690-1700. 

Their marriage...:

datum ondertrouw: 27-12-1720     datum huwelijk: 08-02-1721     plaats: Curaçao     inschrijving: 27 December 1720 in ondertrouw opgenomen: 
Samuel Christiaansz J: M: geboren in Wester Rieseur, gelegen in Noorwegen 
met 
Maria Hansz Wed. van Sweeris Hansz, geboren in Hamburgh. 
Getrouwd 8 Februari 1721. 
Getuigen: Volkert van Riessum en zyn huisvr. Maria Westerbaan, allen hier woonachtig.

1 bruidegom Samuel Christiaansz, J. M., van Wester Rieseur (Noorwegen)

2 bruid Maria Hansz, van Hamburg, wed. van Sweeris Hansz

3 getuige Volkert van Riessum, echtgenoot van Maria Westerbaan       4 getuige Maria Westerbaan, echtgenote van Volkert van Riessum

In my previously forum in January 2016, somebody respons on my forum. And he told me that it possibilty is that Samuel comes from Mandal, previous city Vester Risor.

His quote: which you correctly describe as vester Risør, lies about 200 km further to the Southwest, and is today known as the town Mandal. So we have to involve experts of that area. The name Vester Risør was primarily used as name of Mandal by Dutch sailors, and a considerable number of people from the area sailed on Dutch ships or moved temporarily or permanently to the Amsterdam area, so your story is likely to be true.

I hope that somebody knows more about family christiaansz or have more information about Samuel. Or confirm this quote. Than I can go further with his birthplace. 

Thank you. 

Endret av Pamela Doelmalik
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider