Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Finding Living Norwegian Relatives

Daniel Victor Hanson
 Del

Hello,

My name is Daniel Hanson and I know that I have some living relatives in Norway...specifically in Lillistrom, Hamar and on a farm in the Gudbrandsdal Valley. I have contacted the Norwegian Genealogical Society with the information I have, but unfortunately, because all the relatives that I know about are women and have not retained their maiden names, the Society has not been successful in finding any of them. Following is a recap of all I know:

The family names we have are Wildhagen, Jorgensen, Klovstad (I am related to Eva Klovstad, a resistance fighter in WWII), Andreas and others. The last living relative I had contact with was Anne Lene Wildhagen, Hagan Terr 2. 0377, Oslo, Norway. She died sometime between 2012 and 2015 and is survived by her children and some cousins. I have a letter from her identifying them, but she did not provide last names or addresses, but said that they lived in Hamar, Lillestrom, Lesja and Gudbrandsdal. Anne Lene Wildhagen's cousins were Eva, daughter of Fridhjof (Hamar), Inger, daughter of Frida (Lesja/Gudbrandsdal) and Gerd and Else, daughters of Astrid (Lillestrom). I have a letter from my father's last contact from Anna Lene Wildhagen listing his living relatives and their locations, as well as some other records that she found, but it is a scanned document and is too large to attach it to this forum. I have another scan of several pages of genealogy that my mother prepared, but it is also too large. On the first page is my father's Norwegian mother, Alfhild Caroline Olsen (Molinder) and she is the last in the line from Norway except my deceased father, Ray Thor Hanson, my sister and me. I have learned that I am related to Eva Klovstad nee Jorgensen who was the daughter of Fridhjof Jorgensen who was Alf Jorgensen's brother and Georg Andrea's son. She married Tov Klovstad and she died on June 8, 2014. 

If there is some other way to send the scanned documents I have, please someone let me know and I will do that. Also, you can contact me at my personal email address which is daniel.hanson@hoodcanalclan.com.

I am contemplating a trip to Norway this summer and would love to make contact with any of my relatives. If someone reading this knows any of my relatives and/or how to contact them I would greatly appreciate you responding to me with any information that would help me.

Mange tusen takk,

Daniel Hanson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

According to the death announcement in Aftenposten (12 June 2014) for Eva Antonie Kløvstad (1921-2014) the funeral service took place at Hamar Crematorium (on (13 June 20114), and according to the grave register her last resting place is Hamar Cemetery, plot number 03.70.02.039. The death announcement only lists Ellen and Roald and doesn't tell how they are related to Eva. But as you are related to Eva yourself, I am sure you would be able to get the information on the fester (owner of the grave) from the cemetery administration, or ask them to forward your contact information? The e-mail address is kirkevergen [at] hamar.kommune.no

Alternatively, contact Hjemmefrontmuseet (The Norwegian Resistance Museum at http://www.forsvaretsmuseer.no/nor/Hjemmefrontmuseet. They should have a file on Kløvstad.

DTH

Endret av Dag T. Hoelseth
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have now identified Eva Kløvstad's relative Ellen (I gather she was her daughter) and will send you her contact information by e-mail.

DTH

Endret av Dag T. Hoelseth
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In my Münster genealogy I have a note of a certain Harald Wildhagen, who was an Drammen architect. Born 1895 in Bergen and his daughter Berit Wildhagen. Berit was i her second marriage married to Michael G R Lyell.

Harald was a son of Carl Eugen Wildhagen of Trondheim, born 1857 in Drammen.

JanM

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fritjof Jørgensen in Census 1910, parents given as G.A. Jørgensen and Helene Jørgensen and siblings Alf, Frida and Astrid. G.A.Jørgensen was a station master at the railway station of Vinstra in Gudbrandsdalen http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/ft/person/pf01036431001886 

Fritjof was in same census noted working as a telegraph operator at the station of Moelven, to the south of the city of Lillehammer http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/ft/person/pf01036396003274

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again Daniel Victor,

The attached image might be the Astrid from Lillestrøm that you mention. The date of birth fits with date given in Census 1910 and people from Lillestrøm earlier were normally burried at Stalsberghagen cemetery. As you see, her husband was Egil Arnljot Helgaker, June 6 1895 - Sep 4 1990.

In order to obtain name of the grave caretaker, who very often is close family, I'd suggest using same method as mentioned by Dag. T Hoelseth above - i.e. get in touch with the cemetary administration - e-post: post: post(at)skedsmo.kirken.no

post-179-0-02372000-1468100977_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider