Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Ancestor Search Netherlands -Norway

Hans Bus
 Del

Hi, In my search for my ancestors I found out that one of them came to the Netherlands from Kristiansand. His name was Ole Tonnesen Westrus(born on 21-08-1790 in Kristiansand), in the census of 1801 he is 1 year, but in the marriage papers of him from 1824 is mentioned that he is 33 years old. His brother Borre also left Norway and died as a sailor in the Dutch Navy in 1835. In my reseach I found his father, Tonnes Olsen Westrus(Westerhu(u)s), born somewere in 1752,1753 or 1758(according to his death he was 79 in 1832).In the census of 1801 it is stated that he was 43 years of age.(again a mistake?) His profession was Captain on a vessel called "Justitia". In the census of 1801 he can be found under nr 1191. I found out who the relatives of his wife Tyri were and traced them back to 1694(I think if this is correct) in Herefoss.

Can anybody help me to find the parents and other relatives of Tonnes Olsen Westrus(Westerhuus)?

Thanks

Hans Bus

Please answer in Dutch,English or German, I don't read or speak Norwegian. (but Google translate is a fine tool to use)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Familysearch says:

Norway Baptisms, 1634-1927 for Ingeborg Tonnesdatter

Name: Ingeborg Tonnesdatter Gender: Female Baptism/Christening Date: 09 Sep 1786 Baptism/Christening Place: KRISTIANSAND, VEST-AGDER, NORWAY Birth Date: 19 Aug 1786 Birth Place:

Death Date:

Name Note:

Race:

Father's Name: Tonnes Olsen Westerhuus Father's Birthplace:

Father's Age:

Mother's Name: Tyri Borridr Hejrefo Mother's Birthplace:

Mother's Age:

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C42472-2 System Origin: Norway-VR Source Film Number: 127313 Reference Number: 2:1JTHCTT

.... and ...

Norway Baptisms, 1634-1927 for Ole Tonnesen

Name: Ole Tonnesen Gender: Male Baptism/Christening Date: 31 Aug 1790 Baptism/Christening Place: KRISTIANSAND, VEST-AGDER, NORWAY Birth Date: 21 Aug 1790 Birth Place:

Death Date:

Name Note:

Race:

Father's Name: Tonnes Olsen Westerhuus Father's Birthplace:

Father's Age:

Mother's Name: Tyri Borrudr Hejrefo Mother's Birthplace:

Mother's Age:

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C42472-2 System Origin: Norway-VR Source Film Number: 127313 Reference Number: 2:1JTJ0J7

... and this one I expect you've seen:

Norway Burials, 1666-1927 for Tijre Børresdatter

Name: Tijre Børresdatter Gender: Female Burial Date: 08 Dec 1831 Burial Place: Kristiansand, Vest-Agder, Norway Death Date:

Death Place:

Race:

Marital Status: Married Spouse's Name: Tønnes Westerus Father's Name:

Father's Birthplace:

Mother's Name:

Mother's Birthplace:

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B05346-0 System Origin: Norway-EASy Source Film Number: 127320 Reference Number: b 26 p 445

If you've missed them, I hope this can be of some help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks, but I already found them,I know how to search on familysearch and tried every possibility. I also found the scans of the different Churchbooks for Tyri and her parents and in Herefoss. I am only interessted in Westerhuus, Westrus, Westerus, Vestrus or any other Spelling of the name before 1760. I am already glad that without any knowledge of the Norwegian language I came so far. But I think I need some other recourses. I also heard that the two sons of Tonnes had to leave Norway and fled to the Netherlands, I think after the Napoleon occupation of the Netherlands(after 1813). The reason why is unknown.

Again thanks already for the help

Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

'Vesterhus' (today's spelling) is a part of the Lillesand district. Not being from the district, I don't know what parish that would belong to in 1760. I hope some locals will help you.

Also, you may enter a question in the 'Spør Digitalarkivet/Andre spørsmål til Digitalarkivet' section. ('Ask the National Digital Archive Services/Other questions', translated). They may, if you're lucky, have the time to help you. Or they may not --- if so, don't despair. Keep on working. English will be fine.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

About 1750 Vesterhus, Høvåg, is in Vestre Moland parish. I think most all of the witnesses in the baptism og Tonnes Olsen's children in Kristiansand were from the mother side, related to Herefoss. So I guess Tønnes had no family close in Kristiansand. The first daughter was born Ingeborg. So perhaps she was named after the mother of Tønnes. Or was the mother of Tyri an Ingeborg?

One candidate born in Vestre Moland parish is Tønnes Olsen Moen, born 14 Dec 1858. Parents Ole Torgrimsen Yderstad and Marte Taraldsdatter Moen, married 9 Oct 1753.

May be Tønnes moved to Vesterhus, and then later on to Kristiansand.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider