Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Register of sailors/Mariners

Mary Knox
 Del

I am researching the Norwegian family of my Great Grandfather who was from Brunkeberg, Telemark, Norway. HIs name is Olav Sveinsson Runningen. He was a sailor/mariner who died in a shipwreck on the Eastern coast of Australia in Feb 1895. I think that he lived for some time before leaving Norway in Fevik. I am visiting Norway in April and would like to find out more about his work history, that is, his training and where he sailed. I have read there are registers of seamen/Mariners and also of captains (a rank I believe he attained). Would anyone be able to advise me where I could go to look at these registers, or at least where I could find out? Many thanks for any help people are able to give :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You will find 'sjømannsruller' (enrollment of sailors) here: http://www.arkivverket.no/arkivverket/content/view/full/8609

The enrollment offices in Telemark are the ones listed below:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider