Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Child Support Records

Tyler Burrows
 Del

Hello,

I had read that legal records relating to child support matters can be found in the archives. Is that accurate? And if so, are those available through the state archives in Oslo or somewhere else? Can I access them digitally?

Quote: "Child support laws were introduced in 1763, and legal records relating to child support matters can be found in the archives of the amtmann (county governor) for each fylke (county) under the category farskapsforelegg (paternity matters) and bidragsprotokoll / oppfostringsprotokoll (child support records)." (http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~norway/na20.html)

Also, I have an ancestor that was a ward of the state around 1850. Are there records available that could provide me with more information as well? For this case and above I am interested in records for Skedsmo, Akershus.

Thank you,

Tyler

Endret av Tyler
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

@Odd Halvorsen thank you for responding. As I am in the United States, is there any kind of mechanism by which I can report information I am looking to get and perhaps have someone look it up for me? I can provide the childs name, birth date, baptism date, confirmation date, marriage date, as well as the names of the two parents.

Thank you very much!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If you provide the names of parents and child as well as relevant dates and locations, we can conduct a search in the index of names in the above mentioned records (Protokoller for oppfostringsbidrag from the Akershus amt).

Please note that only about half of the births out of wedlock were registered by the authorities for child support (bidragsmyndighet) at that time. It was not uncommon that private arrangements were made in those circumstances (or no arrangements at all), and the public records will consequently not contain any trace of the arrangement.

Regards,

Vigdis Andersen

The Regional State Archive in Oslo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for being willing to look.

Child

Johan Olsen

Johan Olsen Enger*

• Born: 16 Nov 1839 on farm Asak Eie, Skedsmo, Akershus (Skedsmo prestekontor Kirkebøker, F/Fa/L0009: Parish register (official) no. I 9, 1830-1853, p. 41)
  • Baptized: 2 Jun 1839
  • Confirmed: 30 Sep 1855 (Skedsmo prestekontor Kirkebøker, F/Fa/L0010: Parish register (official) no. I 10, 1854-1865, p. 125)

*Johan started to use the surname Enger at his confirmation in 1855.

• Marriage: 19 May 1866 to Anna Olsdatter of Bjertnes, Nittedal (Trefoldighet prestekontor Kirkebøker, F/Fc/L0001: Parish register (official) no. III 1, 1858-1874, p. 176)
  • Died: 5 Mar 1873 and buried in Grønland 

Parents

Ole Jahnsen Torgensrud

Malene Olsdatter Mellom Asak

Note: Malene might be from Fet originally with connections to Jølsen farm (this is what I am trying to confirm or reject with the child support records).

Thank you again!!

Tyler

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Unfortunately we could not find Ole Jahnsen Torgensrud in the «Oppfostringsptotokoll» from Akershus amt, mentioned above. This is a record of child support, and it begins in 1852. It is our earliest record from Akershus amt, apart from some documents from 1823-1827.

Regards,

Vigdis Andersen

The Regional State Archive in Oslo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider