Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Asperheim....and help with translation please

Rick Sharp
 Del

Hi,

I'm trying to find out a bit more about my Norwegian roots. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather and Grandmother emigrated to America in the 1850's and I have been able to find their birth records in the scanned documents. Unfortunately I can't understand anything more than their names and the dates. I do know my Great-Great-Great Grandmothers parents names and can see those match. Is anyone able to transcribe and translate the entries in the links below for me?

Mallene Amundsdatter b.05-Jan-1821

SAB, Lærdal Sokneprestembete, Parish register (official) no. A 4, 1805-1821, p. 234-235

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/kb20070514620651

Sever Jensen Asperheim b. 23-July-1820

SAB, Lærdal Sokneprestembete, Parish register (official) no. A 4, 1805-1821, p. 278-279

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/kb20070514620671

(Last entry but one)

I think Asperheim is an unusual name and may relate to a farm near Ardal in Sogn og Fjordane - or that might be a coincidence.

The records are difficult to read anyway of course, never mind not knowing the language! Many thanks for any help.

Rick

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Actually, there is not much to translate...

"Mallene Anders Dr.[corrected to "Amundsdat." by another hand] af {of, from} Aardahl, fød d.{born on} 5 Janv. [Januari] Hiemmed.[-øbt] {baptized at home} d. 14 s.m. [samme måned]{same month}. Stadfæst i Kirken [(baptism) confirmed in the church] d 4de Marts. Forældre [parents] Amund Hermands. Mittun og {and} Elsa Jørgens Dr. Fadr [faddere]{Withnesses} THomas Anfinds.,  Hans Johans.. Magrete Thomas Dr., Sigrid Johans Dr."

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In the the second record, the film (not the original document), from which the pictures are scanned, has apparently broken at this page (and the next). Therefore some words are not readable.

"Siur Jens. af {from} Aaldahl, fød [born] d 23de Juli ... Hiemmed.  {baptized at home} d. 25e S. m. Stadfæst i Kirken {(baptism) confirmed in the church} d  6

Aug. Forældre {parents]Jens ....d under Aspreim og Guroe Siursd.  Fadr. {Withnesses}  Ole

Halvers., Knudt ... , Anders Kristens., Eli  Peers Dr, Anna Siurs Dr.

og Marita.. ... uds Dr."

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Ivar,

That's really useful, thank you so much. There is a lot more information there than I was able to interpret!

Really appreciate your help.

Rick

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider