Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Hans Jakob AUGUSTEN

Jeff Erickson
 Del

My great grandfather Henry THOMPSON/THOMSON/THOMSEN arrived in melbourne Australia in 1890 on the ship "Henry Buck" . from San Francisco. His Naturalization papers in Australia  show he was born in Townsberg on 25 February 1868. An online search of births in Tonsberg show that only a HANS JAKOB AUGUSTSEN was born there on that date. Han's parents were August Jakobsen and Kristiane Hansdatter.August Jakobsen had been in Sweden.

The family was recorded as living at Vestre Slotsbjergstræde 280 ,Tonsberg in the 1875 Census.   I belive that Henry Thompson is Hans Jakob Augusten and he took the name Henry from the "Henry Buck" and he was a son of Tonsberg hence the THOMSON.  I can recall seeing the family in the 1885 census wherer Hans was shown as Hans Jacobsen but cannot relocate that census entry.  I am look for any records that show Hans as having married or having still been in Norway after 1890. That would disprove my theory yjay yjat Hans Jakob Augustsen and Henry Thompson are the same person. Alrenarely any record that show Hans  Jakob Augusten/Hans Jakobsen as a seaman in the priod beween 1885 and 1890.

Acoording to information passed down through the family August Jakobsen was a friend and at some stage lived close by to each to Anders Eriksen Both were born in Sweden. Anders Eriksen moved to Norway  by 1879  to Tjolling where he married Inger Marie Borresdattaer in 1879. They later lived in Larvik.

Any information that would shed some light on he mystery of Henry Thomson's birth name and how he left Norway would be greatly appreciated..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Sven. This puts doubt on Hans Jakob Augustsen being Henry Thompson.   Im not sure why the name would change from Augustsen to Jakobsen from1875 to 1885,

I will need to find the birth records for Tonsberg to find out who else was born there around February 1868.   Henry was married in South Australia in 1896 and could not have been in Norway in 1900 and 1910

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

My Great grandfather HENRY THOMPSON in Australia was a good friend of Anders Eriksen who live in Eftang Mellom and later Larvik. Anders was in Larvik before 1890

Anders's Eriksen's daughter Hilda Ellivine Magnete Eriksen  born 16 dec 1885 married Hans Christian THOMASSEN born 12 Jan 1879. Can anyone me any of the following

1. When and where did Hilda Ellivine Magnete Eriksen and Hans Christian THOMASSEN  marry?

2. Where was Hans Christian THOMASSEN born and who were his parents?

3 Where Can I find Hans Christian THOMASSEN's family in the census of 1885, 1900 and 1910

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hans Christian, no 69:

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/5571/43

Born out of wedlook.

Census 1891:

https://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/en-gb/ft/person/pf01052778005074

Census 1900

https://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/en-gb/ft/person/pf01037106007097

Endret av Randi Elisabeth Haugros
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you  Randi  for this information

The Anders Eriksen and family in the 1891 are my Anders Eriksen family and the Hilda in 1900 is the daughter of my Anders  but the 1910 census link for Tjolling  is not my Anders Eriksen.  My Anders Eriksen died in Larvik in about March 1901

Your link to the 1910 census for Nedre Eiker  shows  Aders Eriksens daughter Hilda  with her Husband Hans Christian Thomassen  and daughter Elvira born 1910.

Is there a marriage record for Hilda Eriksen and Hans Christian Thomassen marrying about 1909/1910?

What is an Papirf.arb.

Strømsø kirkebøker, F/Fa/L0021: Ministerialbok nr. I 21, 1878-1885, s. 40

The church book entry 69 shows Hans Christian was the son of Oluf Johnsen and Elise Johannsen , How does this make him Hans Christian THOMASSEN?

I dont inderstand the entries for his birth on the right hand side of the page.

The 1891 census for 0602 Drammen shows Hans's occupation as stedsøn   What is a stedsøn ?  and in 1900 he is still in Drammen and shown as an Høvleriarbeider /

what is an Høvleriarbeider ?

Thank you again for these details.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider