Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

How do I find people in the 1910 census?

John Reindl
 Del

I am trying to find all people with the last names of Negard, Negaard or Negård in the 1910 census. First choice would be in all of Norway; second choice would be in Hedmark fylke.

I cannot figure out how to do this.

I chose the 1910 census and then went to the text box and entered these names, but the search came up with 0 results. 

I then tried a first name of Edwin and again got 0 results.

I even tried Hans, and got 0 results.

How do I do a search of this census?

Takk!

John 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The name Negaard is a farm name, and people would most likely be listed with their patronymic surname in the censuses. In addition the name Negaard tells me he comes from a part of a farm that geographically lies lower in the terrain than another part of the same (divided) farm, for instance 'Oppigaard', Øvergaard (or Norgaard/Sørgaard.) The original name of the farm can be something else. From Øvre Rendal in Hedmark we can f. i. find Negaard Nordset.

Do you know his date of birth, where in Hedmark he came from or when he would have emigrated?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I guess that I should not have given names.

I want to learn how to use the system. Is there a handbook or set of instructions somewhere?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider