Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Klara Odland

Ken Johnston
 Del

found document about my grandmothers parent who were not married.  However neither parent was named Odland, which is grandmother's maiden name.

However in this document seems to mention of Odland in second column.  Can someone translate or help find my grandmother relationship to Odland family.  

thanks in advance Ken

Kirkebøker: SAST, Hå sokneprestkontor, 30BB:L0006: Klokkerbok nr. B 6, 1900-1924, s. 82 - Skanna ark.pdf

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Emigranter fra Stavanger 1825-1970

Hamn År Nr. Kjelde Førenamn Etternamn Kjønn Fødd år Reisedato Yrke Sivilstand Heimstad Nasjon Reisemål Rederi Fam. medl. Fam. type Anna
Stavanger 1930 0160 1929-1955 Klara Odland K 1911 27021930 Tjenestepike   Varhaug NORGE Usa HVITE STJERNE 1 R 1916

http://gda.arkivverket.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=1&filnamn=STAV&gardpostnr=111607&merk=111607#ovre

Endret av Ann-Mary Engum
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kirstine Jonasdatter Hetland,Ogna

"

Kirstina Jonasdatter d ug Hustel og fjøsstel 1883 Ogne Sta"
  • Tellingsår: 1900
  • Kommune: Ogna
  • Kommunenummer: 1117
  • Navn på bosted: Hetland nordre

Antall personer registrert på bostedet: 4. Trykk på tidslinje.gif for å se på tidslinjen for personen.

Navn Familie-stilling Sivil-stand Yrke Fødselsår Fødested Etnisitet
  Jonas Hetland hf g Gaardbruger, selveier 1837 Ogne Sta  
tidslinje.gif Kirsten Assersdatter hm g Gaardmandskone sysselsat med hus og fjøsstel 1843 Egersunds landsogn  
  Kristoffer Jonassen s ug Gaardsarbeide hjemme hos forældrene 1879 Ogne Sta  
tidslinje.gif Kirstina Jonasdatter d ug Hustel og fjøsstel 1883 Ogne Sta

http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1910&knr=1117&kenr=003&bnr=0002&lnr=00

----

"Kirstine Jonas. d g Husgjerning og Gaardsarbeide 27.11.1883 t

"

• Tellingsår: 1910
  • Kommune: Ogna
  • Kommunenummer: 1117
  • Navn på bosted: Hetland

Antall personer registrert på bostedet: 3. Trykk på tidslinje.gif for å se på tidslinjen for personen.

tidslinje.gif Kirsten Assersd. hm g Husgjerning Kreaturstel 00.10.1843 Egersunds Landsogn  
tidslinje.gif Kirstine Jonas. d g Husgjerning og Gaardsarbeide 27.11.1883 t  
  John Peders. s ug Søn 27.04.1906 t  

----

• Tellingsår: 1910
  • Kommune: Varhaug
  • Kommunenummer: 1118
  • Navn på bosted: Odland

Antall personer registrert på bostedet: 5. Trykk på tidslinje.gif for å se på tidslinjen for personen.

Elen G. Odland hm e Gaardbrugerske 15.06.1851 Ekersunds landsogn  
  Jonas R. Odland s ug Gaardsbestyrer 02.04.1880 t  
  Inger R. Odland d ug Datter 06.07.1889 t  
  Nils S. Mæland fl ug Understøttelse af Fattigvæsnet 06.04.1903 t  
  Jonas J. Hetland fl g Deltager i Gaardens arbeide 09.03.1837 Ogne

http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1910&knr=1118&kenr=002&bnr=0038&lnr=00

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

takk igjen. På Klara dåp nevner det Odland-navnet i den andre kolonnen. Kan du fortelle meg hva det står ?? Vi prøver å finne ut forholdet mellom foreldrene hennes og familien Odland som hun bodde med.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dåpen til Klara.

Faddere:

Helene Olsdtr Anitsdal,Kone Kristiane Villiamsen Odland,Pike Inger R Odland,Gbr Bernt Bjørnsen Odland,Gbr Jonas Rasmussen Odland,Arb Billi Berntsen Odland.

Endret av Ann-Mary Engum
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Ann-Mary your information is very helpful.  Especially information about Elen, Jonas and Inger Odland who my grandmother reported cared for her after her mother left for the united states. What i do not understand is billi odland's relationship to all this?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

På 5.10.2017 den 23.55, Ken Johnston skrev:

takk igjen. På Klara dåp nevner det Odland-navnet i den andre kolonnen. Kan du fortelle meg hva det står ?? Vi prøver å finne ut forholdet mellom foreldrene hennes og familien Odland som hun bodde med.

Column number 1 = in which order the children are baptized  

nr. 2 = date of birth

nr. 3 = date of Christening

nr. 4 = date if the child was baptized at home

nr. 5 = the childs name

nr. 6 = the parents names and position

nr. 7 = the parents adress

nr. 8 = the fathers year of birth and the mothers year of birth

nr. 9 = the names and positions of the godparents

nr. 10 = if the parents are married (to each other!) or not

nr. 11 = additional comments like if the child was baptized at home; who performed and who witnessed the baptism.

The information about parents and godparents at the christening of Klara is:

Gbr. is short for gaardbruker which means  farmer

Gift means married

Gift kone = married woman (in modern Norwegian when we use the word "kone" we are talking about someones wife.)

So Ingemund Rasmussen and Kristine Jonasdatter were both married, but not to each other.  Bothe lived at Ogne in Hetland.

Godparents:  Ann- Mary has listed the godparents in her entry nr. 7.  

The reason why you see the Odland name there is because the godparent Kristiane Villiamsen lives at Odland.

Odland is the name of a farm.  People moved from one farm to another.   They would all keep their given name and their surname made from their fathers given name, but the name of the farm would change when they moved to another place.  

Please let me know if you don't understand my explanation, then I will try to make a better one:)

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Norwegian parliament passed a name act in 1923 that required a common surname for the whole family (that is father, mother and children).

All families got to choose their surname at that time.  Many chose to keep their name as they were, for instance "Petter Hansen".  So when "Petter Hansen" got married his wife would have to change her surname to "Hansen" and their children would be called Hansen as well.

Others chose the name of the farm they lived at, or had some relations to.  Since your grandmother Klara was born in 1912 someone chose a surname for her in 1923.  

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lene thank you this was very helpful.  One more question among the godparent I see abbreviation Arb before Billi's name what does that mean

From what my grandmother told me (she has passed).  She her mother came to U.S. and she lived with first Elen Odland, then Inger, and then Jonas which fits information Ann Mary gave me.  What is best way to find information about where they lived and did.  My mother is getting older and would live to find farm or more info.

thanks Ken

Lene takk dette var veldig nyttig. Et annet spørsmål blant godparenten Jeg ser forkortelse Arb før Billis navn hva betyr det
Fra hva min bestemor fortalte meg (hun har gått). Hun hennes mor kom til USA, og hun bodde hos Elen Odland, deretter Inger, og deretter Jonas som passer til informasjon, Ann Mary ga meg. Hva er best mulig måte å finne informasjon om hvor de bodde og gjorde. Min mor blir eldre og vil leve for å finne gård eller mer info.

takk ken

Endret av Ken Johnston
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Arb = arbeider =  labourer.  Exactly what kind of labour he did is not possible to know from this.

It's always a good idea to search for siblings in the Church books/records as well, both baptism, confirmation, marrige and burials.  You will often find info on positions and adresses there.  

Also in the censuses you will (often) find some information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 9 måneder senere...