Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Norwegian surnames

Frank McGuire
 Del

Anne Salve/Solvesdtr. is not in Porsgrunn 1825 and I can't find her dead between 1815-1825 in the church records for Porsgrunn.. So she probably have moved somewhere else.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Re Randi's refernece to Karen Kirstine Jacobsdatter, i believe that has come from some online Ancestry family trees that I have seen.  I believe it is in error, probably because her name was misread as Jacobsen rather than Isaacsen at one of her chidren's baptism.  

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Re any confusion about Isaach Hansen's wife, he was married twice. firstly to Karen Kirstine Johannesdr  26 Jan 1781 at Porsgrunn, and next on 23 Oct 1788 to Ann Solversdr, also at Porsgrunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

10 timer siden, Randi Elisabeth Haugros skrev:

Anne Solvesdatter, widow/enken

Amazing! Burial record discovered. Next step is finding the probat record. Is her surname Schram(?).

image.png.ce249acec8e7901d1d010213087fd4b3.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• The probat records for 1837 and onwards are yet to be scanned, but if they exists will be accessible for the public in some archive nearby Porsgrunn. We will have to ask someone to physically visit this archives library. Or find a smarter solution.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Re any confusion about Isaach Hansen's wife, he was married twice. firstly to Karen Kirstine Johannesdr  26 Jan 1781 at Porsgrunn, and next on 23 Oct 1788 to Ann Solversdr, also at Porsgrunn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thankyou everyone. I have put together this summary of the information.

Known facts- about Karen Kisten Isaachsen

·         married 1822 at Stokke to John Halversen of Holt.

·         At her marriage in 1822, she resided at Melsom farm

·         At her marriage in 1822, she was referred to as ‘Jomfrue’ which applied status, and used the surname Isachsen (not Isachsdr) which may also have been for status.

·         had a family from 1823 to 1835 at Holt, Aust-Agder.

·         In the 1832 census at the Naes ironwarks near Holt, she was 37 (born 1795)

·         died 29th Oct 1835 at Holt, age 40 ½ (which indicates born 1795)

·         Her surname was Isachsen at her 1822 marriage and at the baptism of 3 of her 6 children, Halvorsen at the baptism of her other 3 children and in the 1832 census, and Isachsen Halvorsen at her death.

·         Her husband John Halvorsen remarried 11 Dec 1838 to Jacobine Marie Kiarsdr Kjer, at Holt.

The consensus of opinion seems to be that Karen Kirstine Isaacsen was born 6 Nov 1792 at Porsgrunn, to Isaac Hansen & Anne Solversdr.  Relvant information is-

1.       She was a twin with Berthe Cathrine, and had a brother Soren born Porsgrunn 23 Nov 1799.

2.       The 1801 census for Porsgrunn has Isaac Hansen 50 (2nd marriage), Anne Sovesdr 41, Johannes Isaacsen 18, Hans Isaacsen 15, Birthe Cathrine Isaacsdr & Karen Katrine Isaacsdr 9, Soren Isaacsen 7, & Cathrine Salvorsdr 37- Anne’s sister.

3.       Isaac Hansen was married 26 Jan 1781 at Porsgrunn to Karen Kirstin Johannesdr, and had Johannes b 18 Oct 1783 & Hans b 1 Oct 1886 at Porsgrunn

4.       Isaac Hansen died 1811

5.       Anne Solversen owned a property at Porsgrunn, from 1814 until she died

6.       The 1815 census for Porsgrunn has Anne Salvesdr 55, Soren Isaacsen 19 ½, & Berthe Cathrine 22 ½ (Note that Karen Kirstine was not present with her family at this census)

7.       Anne Solversen died in Porsgrunn 21 February 1837

8.       This birth of  Karen Kirstine Isaacsen is the nearest such birth before 1795

9.       Porsgrunn (where she was born) is relatively close to Stokke (where she married)  (24 m or 38 km)

10.   Her age at the April 1832 census was given as 37, whereas she would have then been 39, This could be explained by her having put her age back only 2 years.

11.   At her death in .Oct 1835 her age is stated as 40 ½, whereas she would have been nearly 43. This is 2 ½ years difference, and crates some doubt as to it being incompatible with her birth date.

12.   Melsom farm, in the Stokke area, where Karen lived when married in 1822, was owned by  Elias Winther Jørgensen, who  was born in Skien and he was the cousin of  three brothers Jacob, Jørgen and Niels Aall. The Aall brothers grew up in Porsgrunn.  (Porsgrunn and Skien are very close) Jacob Aal and a Jorgensen of Melsom farm, were witnesses at her 1822 marriage.

I hope that I have that all correct & thanks again.

Frank

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I apologise for not commenting on Astrid's suggestion about probate.  I assume that Ann Solversen's probate could prove the connection, but as Karen Kirstine died before Ann Solversen, maybe it would not help, as Karen would not be a beneficiary. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

A probate for Karen Kirstine could have been interesting. There were small children in the marriage and the widower remarried. So according to the rules there should have been a probate.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

5 timer siden, Astrid Kaardal Halleraker skrev:

Anne Solvesdtr Spar (1759-1837) was the step-mother

My misunderstanding, biological mother.

2 timer siden, Johnny Øberg Henriksen skrev:

Skifte Anne Solvesdtr. 30 Mars 1838 Skien og Porsgrunn Skifterett.

Very interesting.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This probate record gave useful information:  Ole Christensen was the son-in-law of the deceased. His wife was Karen Kirstine Isaksdatter. They were married in Porsgrunn 21st September 1826 (according to FamilySearch)

So this shows that this was not the Karen Kirstine Isaksdatter who was married to John Halvorsen.

Søren Isaksen (son of the deceased)  was presumed to be dead.

Endret av Tove D. Johansen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Wow That certainly changes everything.

i see that Karen Kirstine isachsdr was aged 33, when she married Ole  Christensen in 1826. This also makes her the right age to be the daughter of Isaac  Hansen & Ann Solversdr.

So we are back to the beginning.

I hope you all have a very happy Christmas.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

På 20.12.2017 den 0.40, Trude Nilsen skrev:

For other helpers in this forum:

- birth of Halvor Christian, no 44   https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/811/5023/25

- birth of Ingeborg Sophie, no 54  https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/811/5023/46

- birth of Jacob Aal, no 80  https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/811/5023/68

- birth of Louisa Andrea, no 12  https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/811/5023/93

- birth of Christiane Kristine, no 8  https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/811/5023/110

The 1822 - marriage, no 34  https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/8215/40499/17

Trude N

Mary Chrismas!

If these Children are correct and we use "named after" as a criterie as was normally i 17-1800

As Fader to John/Jon Halvorsen named Halvor......as he`s son called Halvor Christian

And We have Ingeborg Sofie  and se should be called after Johns Mother as "Ingeborg"

And then Jacob. That should be Karen Kirstines Fader. And there is the Name "Aall"?

And Karen Kirstines Mother should be called "Louisa"

If your se all the Faddere/Godparents there ar alots of Aall Godparents

And as above there in the Marrige then she was Virgin only just in opperclass.

After making a Hypothesis Fader for John Halvorsen: Halvor Moder Ingeborg

Fader for :Karen Kirstine: Jacob Aall

Aall famiily in to much inn by Godparents to not to be a Family to be rejected as a trace.

May be out of Marrige.

Good Look and still aMary Chrismas

Regard Johnny Henriksen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider