Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Sailors in Danish-Norwegian navy 1783

Carl-Henry Geschwind
 Del

In October 1783 "enrolleret matros Andreas Jansen Loots" was the father of a son baptised in Kristiansand (see entry 111 on right-hand side). He was originally born in Hamburg about 1751. Are there any muster rolls or other resources for sailors in the Danish/Norwegian navy at this time? A search for Sjømannsruller on digitalarkivet.no does not bring up anything for this time period. Thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Carl, welcome to the forum.

It is not much help to your question, I'm afraid, but at least I found another Loots: Captain Jan Egbert Loots

http://toll.lokalhistorie.no/customs/callListCaptain.jsp?a=Jan%20Egberts%20Loots

May I suggest that you also take a look at the english version of the overview of the more than 50000 Genealogical resources in another forum:

http://www.disnorge.no/genress/

In case you haven't used any norwegian resources before: Almost all are free to use, but some may require that you log in with a free account, and a few - in particular the norwegian national library - are limited to be accessed by norwegian ip-addresses.

Endret av Olaf Larsen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Olaf:

Thank you! Yes, all of the digitized resources at digitalarkivet, as well as the DIS Norge Gravminner, are invaluable resources - it is much easier researching Norwegian ancestors than German ones (parish books for Hamburg for 1751, for example, exist, but have not been put online).

And I have just joined Slekt og Data.

Mvh

Carl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider