Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Dutch ships in Kristiansand in 1801

Carl-Henry Geschwind
 Del

In the 1801 census for Kristiansand, H. Neven is listed as a mate (styrmand) of a cofardie (Dutch term for an ocean-going merchant ship). He is unmarried, 36 years old, and lodging with Henrich Schmidt, captain of a cofardie (perhaps the same cofardie on which H. Neven is mate).

I believe this H. Neven is the same as the Dutch-born skipper (later captain) Henrich Neven/Neeven/Næven who married in Bergen in January 1803 and was the father of the Henrik Neeven who owned Neevengården and of the Henriette Neeven who married Johan Fritzner Greve.

I would like to know the Dutch ship of which Henrich Schmidt was captain in 1801. But the tollregnskaper that are available on digitalarkivet end in 1794. Is there another resource that lists incoming ships in Kristiansand in 1801?

Thank you for any help!

--Carl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

19 minutter siden, Carl Geschwind skrev:

I would like to know the Dutch ship of which Henrich Schmidt was captain in 1801. But the tollregnskaper that are available on digitalarkivet end in 1794. Is there another resource that lists incoming ships in Kristiansand in 1801?

The National Archives of Norway keeps customs accounts (tollregnskaper) for Kristiansand until 1810 in the archive Generaltollkammeret, tollregnskaper, but as you have discovered, only selected years are digitally available.

If you want The National Archives to make an investigation for you, you will have to write to post@arkivverket.no.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider