Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Great Grandfather John Pearson in 1835/1836

Laurel Ashton (nee Boughton)
 Del

My great grandfather was born in Kragero Telemark Norway we think in 1835 but I have also been told 1836 but I think 1835 is now more likely according to his naturalisation papers in Australia.  He changed his name to John Pearson but I do not know when this happened.  He was supposed to have been orphaned at the age of 8 years old and sent to live with relatives (names unknown) in the USA.  We have no idea what his birth name was and none of his descendants know either.  My grandmother was his daughter and so her maiden name is Pearson but those descended from the males don't know anything either and have actually given up the chase which I would love to try and find out about him and what his parents did for a living, did he have any siblings etc.

The Norwegian Heritage forum on John Pearson have done some work too but the person they thought it may have been at one stage proved to be incorrect so I am back to square one again.  I am also on a Norwegian Facebook page and the people there have really helped me but still not found him but they have given me hints and sites to look into. 

As I am new to this genealogy thing I don't know where to look or how to look so it is all very confusing to me but I would love to know more about him and his family and the country and area where he was born and what happened to his parents that he was sent to the USA.

I can probably upload his death certificate if required but "parents unknown" was listed on it.

Thank you so much if you can help me in my search I would be so grateful.

Regards

Laurel

John Carl Johann Pearson naturalization certificate.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Ann-Mary

I am registered on that site that you suggested and I thank you for your suggestion.

It's rather a chore looking for this man who doesn't seem to have left any trace of his time before he came to Australia just the information on the naturalisation papers which is minimal.  I hope the DNA matches will prove fruitful though.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Laurel Ashton

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You have posted in "Spør Arkivverket.

Post in "Brukernes eget forum" (User forum) instead.

Endret av Ann-Mary Engum
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you again Ann-Mary I have left a topic on the forum - I presume I have done it correctly as I am not terribly familiar with the procedure.

Regards

Laurel

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider