Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Polmar Karelius Kaspersen Confirmed in Nord Odal in 1886

Clark Monson
 Del

I am trying to find what became of Polmar Karelius Kaspersen.  He was born in Kristiania out of wedlock to Gorine Pedersdatter and (railroad worker) Andreas Kaspersen on 9/12/1871 and baptized 24/3/1872.  His parents never married.  In the 1875 Census he was living on Myrer in Nord Odal, Hedmark with his unmarried mother and her relatives.  In the Mo Church, Nord Odal, Hedmark  records, he was confirmed on Oct. 3, 1886.  After that I cannot find any record of him.  His mother Gorine Pedersdatter Myrer married Johan Martin Fredriksen on July 11, 1882 in Nord Odal.  I have never found any sign of them after that.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Clark Monson

Grand Forks, North Dakota USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Accordig to the announcement for any heirs, he is deceased in Nord Odal pr 19 Sep 1892. 

His mother supposedly residing in Grand Forks, North Dakota, sought but not found by the consulate. 

https://www.nb.no/items/4c3ed6d4521d99338b20d1a0166d4b36?page=1&searchText="polmar carelius"

1892.JPG

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

He was a sailor:

SAO, Oslo mønstringskontor, F/Fc/Fca/L0003: Annotasjonsrulle, 1887-1902, s. 110
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/ru20090416630110

PS. accord. to same source: dead of yellow fever, but no date is given

Endret av Richard Johan Natvig
  • Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The information in the Seaman’s roll is not very clear, but this is how I read it: He was discharged in Danzig (Gdansk) on September 24, 1890. For the information that he had died from yellow fever there is reference to a letter filed as Jr.no. 1391/91. 

My guess would be that he had been discharged to be treated for yellow fever when the ship docked in Gdansk, and that he died there, some time after Sept. 24 in 1890, or in 1891.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider