Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Harald and brothers

Dennis Reyerson
 Del

Reier's Haraldsen birth parish register nr. l6 1833 pg 42 # 91. Liven in Bergen, Telemark Co.  Witness' Ingeborg Torrimdatter Holtan, Marie Amundsdatter  of Holden, Gundmund Olsen Holtan and Ole Tostensen Flaaterud.  Death Nes in Sauherad parish register nr. ll 2 1881 pg 169 nr. 8.  He died 7 months after his daughter Margit. Telemark Co, Nes in Sauherad,Norway parish record # II2 1880 pg 187 # 9.

Tore Inlegen Tollefsdater was born on February 8, 1841, in Telemark, Norway, the child of Tollef Evenson and Gunhild Hansdatr.  She married Reier Haraldsen on December 30, 1867, in Telemark, Norway. They had five children (4 living) during their marriage. She died on January 30, 1884, in Telemark Co, Nes in Sauherad,Norway parish register # II 2, 1884 pg 174 #3.

When Tore died on Jan 30, 1884 the three surviving children were;

Harald Reierson age 16 born 22 Nov 1868

Tollef Reierson age 12 born 27 Oct 1872

Hans Reierson age 8 born 14 Jun 1876

(Margit Haraldsdatter born 9 May 1879  died 24 Mar 1880 Telemark Co, Nes in Sauherad parish record # II2 1880 pg 187 #4.)

When the three brothers immigrated to Minnesota they used the middle name Bjornfeld and I always thought it was for identification.  Now I hear that the three orphans went to live with a family named Bjornfeld. 

Hans immigrated from Norway aboard the vessel Thingvalla from Kristiania to New York along with brother Tollef and Harald on 16 Apr 1892.

Is there a way someone can verify that the three lived with the Bjornfeld family?  The brothers probably lived with them about eight years until April 1892 when they immigrated.  Who is the Bjornfeld family and good on them.

😊

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Dennis.

It says in the «Bygdebok for Sauheread vol. 4» that Halvor Hesthegna sold Bjørnfell (a small farm ‹Husmannsplass›) in 1873 to Reiar Haraldsson b. 1833 d. 1880 who came from Inleggen and was married in 1867 to Tore Tollevsd. from Bergstugo (Flåthaugen) b. 1841.

Children: 1. Harald b. 1868 at Inleggen, 2 .Tollev b. 1872 at Inleggen, 3. Hans b. and d. 1875, Hans b. 1876, and Margit b. 1879.

The widow Tore sold the farm in 1883 to a Tollev Tollevson from Flåthaugen. So the children have lived at Bjørnfell for about 10 years. What happened to them between their mothers death in 1884 and the emigration is not mentioned in the book. But they might have been ‹adopted› by the said Tollev Tollevson who appears to have been their uncle – brother of Tore. He died in 1897.

Tollev married 1878 Ingeborg Rolleivsd. from Steinsrud (1853-1929)

Well, I guess this explains the brothers use of the Bjørnfeld-name.

(Btw. – I could give you the link to the ‹Bygdebok› [scanned], but it will only work with a norwegian IP-adress.)

Regards

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Even.  That is a very nice answer.

Have a great Norwegian day.

Dennis

8 hours ago, Even Stormoen said:

Hi Dennis.

It says in the «Bygdebok for Sauheread vol. 4» that Halvor Hesthegna sold Bjørnfell (a small farm ‹Husmannsplass›) in 1873 to Reiar Haraldsson b. 1833 d. 1880 who came from Inleggen and was married in 1867 to Tore Tollevsd. from Bergstugo (Flåthaugen) b. 1841.

Children: 1. Harald b. 1868 at Inleggen, 2 .Tollev b. 1872 at Inleggen, 3. Hans b. and d. 1875, Hans b. 1876, and Margit b. 1879.

The widow Tore sold the farm in 1883 to a Tollev Tollevson from Flåthaugen. So the children have lived at Bjørnfell for about 10 years. What happened to them between their mothers death in 1884 and the emigration is not mentioned in the book. But they might have been ‹adopted› by the said Tollev Tollevson who appears to have been their uncle – brother of Tore. He died in 1897.

Tollev married 1878 Ingeborg Rolleivsd. from Steinsrud (1853-1929)

Well, I guess this explains the brothers use of the Bjørnfeld-name.

(Btw. – I could give you the link to the ‹Bygdebok› [scanned], but it will only work with a norwegian IP-adress.)

Regards

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider