Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Opslag i Høvåg gårds- og slektshistorie

Carl-Henry Geschwind
 Del

Please forgive me for asking this in English.

One of my ancestors, Guttorm Amundsen Gjusnes/Gjusvik (probate in 1624), was married to a Torbjørg. She brought with her 1 hud in Hesnesøy (in Fjære) and 3 1/2 geitskin in Kvannes (in Høvåg) with her, which then were inherited by her daughter Tora Guttormsdatter. Because of her ownership in Kvannes she has been identified as the daughter of a Halvor Andersen, himself the son of Anders Herlofsen Tingstveit (in Øyestad), who supposedly owned part or all of Kvannes in the late 1500s. But Kjell Bråstad, in Øyestad Bygdebok, vol. 2, p. 11, when listing the sons of Anders Herlofsen does not mention a Halvor.

It appears that Terje Sødal has recently published a bygdebok for Høvåg, to which I do not have access here in the U.S. Would it be possible for someone to look it up and tell me what it says about the ownership of Kvannes in the late 1500s (and in particular whether there was a Halvor Andersen Tingstveit who owned it). I am particularly interested in whether there is any primary source evidence to support the existence and family relationships of such a person.

Thank you for any assistance!

--Carl-Henry

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The chapter on the Kvannes farm is in vol. 3 of Terje Sødal's Høvåg. Gårds- og slektshistorie, pp. 488-529. I have copied for you the section on (early) Kvannes owners, on p. 494.

The notes:

note 11: Diplomataricum Norvegicum bd. 2, nr. 758.

note 12: ibid, bd. 21, nr 618.
note 13: Norske Herredag-Domsbøger, 4. række, 2. bind: 153.
note 14: Julien (red.) 1998: 109, 111.
note 15: Rudjord 1968: 585.
note 16: Valand 1975: 127.

Julien= Julien, K.: Agdesiden dombok 1636. Olso
Rudjord= Rudjord, K.: Oddernes bygdebok. Gårdshistorie. Kristiansand
Valand= Valand, P.: Hvem var Guttorm Søre Nodeland i 1624? Årsskrift for Agder Historielag nr. 53. Kristiansand
  • Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Richard - this is incredibly helpful!

--Carl-Henry

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider