Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Anna Olsen birth 1883 Drammen - death unknown

Gary Eerkes
 Del

Cannot determine when Anna Olsen died.  Born in Drammen 21 Nov, 1883.  Father: Ole Olsen Mother: Anna Martha Olsdatter Dybvad  Know that Anna Olsen was living in Oslo in Nov, 1951.  Is this information available online or is information too recent and protected by security regulations?  Anna Olsen is my wife's great-aunt.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Not necessarily protected information (won't be able to see death certificate, but you can find gravestones or newspaper articles).

However, Anna Olsen is an extremely common Norwegian name. Was she married or single (as far as you know) in 1951? If married, what was her husband's name? Any children (if so, children's names)? If unmarried, what are names of some siblings that were still alive after 1951 (death notices in newspapers are usually signed by close relatives, so by doing a search on all names you may be able to find the relevant one)?

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Perhaps this is her, in Oslo (Kristiania) in 1923:

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/pf01063298012874

Her occupation is "bestyrerinne".

One "fhv. [i.e. former] bestyrerinne Anna Olsen", b. in 1883, dies in Oslo March 28 1972, according to obituaries in Oslo newspapers. I don’t have access to the papers, except the following from the National Library (Nasjonalbiblioteket), online for Norwegian IP addresses:

632403373_Skjermbilde2018-05-16kl_21_56_33.png.c784c905294daaab13c6ac66d313f679.png

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Great find, Richard.

The Arbeiderbladet is actually freely available for all (https://www.nb.no/items/f233da95ef6df598db7ca0420141d706?page=15&searchText="Anna Olsen"). Unfortunately, the death notice is only signed "Familien" (i.e., "family"), without giving any names. The fact that it begins "Our dear aunt . . . " indicates that none of her siblings were still alive at that point.

Also, on the 6 April article, I was able to get the additional text (by creative searching using words that I see in a snippet to get an additional snippet). The story continues (with errors produced by inexact OCR): "Generalsekretær, pastor Annreas Grasmo, Oslo Indremisjon, forrettet, takket fra familien og lor avdodes innsat 1 Oslo Indremisjon og som bestyrerinne ved aldershjemmet. På kisten lå en vakker blomsterdekorasjon." My translation (which may be erroneous): "Pastor Andreas Grasmo, general secretary of the Oslo city mission, officiated, gave thanks from the family, and praised the departed's work for the city mission and as director of the nursing home. On the coffin there lay a beautiful floral arrangement."

Gary, does this sound like the right Anna Olsen?

--Carl-Henry

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you to everyone who replied.  Yes, this is my Anna Olsen.  She worked for the Oslo Indremisjon most of her life.  I appreciate the information and the effort you took to reply.  Thanks again.

Gary Eerkes

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider