Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Sailor Jonas Jansen from Bjergfjerdingen in Aker

Guest Chicago
 Del

Hi!

I would greatly appreciate your help by translating this baptismal record, especially that bottom comment.  I recently discovered that my ancestor Jonas Jansen [Jahnsen, Jonsen] had an illegitimate daughter Anne Dorothea, born 20 Sep 1827 and baptized 7 Oct 1827 in Aker, with Anne Marie Olsdatter Vaterland.

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/7719/38929/205

image.thumb.png.efbe324e582f802e9e9130127a1409ab.png

Jonas Jansen was a widower (Enkemand), aged 42 (born 1772-1773), when he married Berthe Marie Jansdatter i Bjergfjerdingen, aged 20, on 15 Nov 1815 in Aker.  The witnesses were Politibetjent Steene and Ole Jansen (I have been unable to determine who either of them was).

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/757/200

Jonas Jansen died on 28 Apr 1836, aged 62 (born 1773-1774), in Aker.

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/7694/82259/33

He had ten legitimate children with Berthe Marie, and I am descended from their daughter Anne Marie Jonasdatter (1817-1882), who married Carl Herman Ramm (1813-1875).

I have been unable to find out the name of the first wife of Jonas Jansen or locate his baptismal record.  I cannot determine which Jonas Jansen, if any, was the right one on the 1801 census.

I am hoping that Anne Dorothea's baptismal record can provide a clue about the origin of Jonas Jansen, which I have been unable to find for many years.

Thank you very much for your help. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dear Berit:

Thank you very much for very quickly providing the 2nd link regarding the baptism of Anne Dorothea and telling me that her father was not Jonas, but Bernt.   That was most generous of you.  I greatly appreciate it.

Guest Chicago

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dear "Guest Chicago"

Pursuant to the forum rules,  when participating in this forum you are required to make use of your full name.

It can easily be done by making the necessary changes to your profile information.

Please make the necessary changes in order to comply with the rules.

Best regards,

Are

Endret av Are S. Gustavsen
Korrektur
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider