Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Help with a record

Michael Baird
 Del

I'm having great difficulty in reading records from 1806 at the Vågå parish and could use some help.  I am searching for the christening record for a Jacob Hansen who according to the 1865 and 1875 census was born in 1806 in Vågå.  There are 3 Jacob Hansens born recorded in 1806 but I can not figure out if any of them are him.  I can not in other words even figure out the father's name from these records from the handwriting.  If someone could look a these and tell me if any of the records are of a son Jacob and father Hans I would appreciate it very much.  I usually don't have this much trouble with the records.  Here are links to the pages.

1:  Right hand side toward the top  https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070603520393

2.  There are two Jacobs on this page, both on the right hand side:  https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070603520395

Thanks!

Michael

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Try the "tyde" (transcription) forum next...

Also, it is appreciated that you follow the rule that you accepted when registering: to use full name.

To the inquiry: None of the three  (actually two) Jacobs is a son of Hans.

The first father is calle Ole Overberg

The 2nd Jacob is crossed over and repeated as the third.

His father is called Johans Rustmoen

Indeed, there is a very tiny possibility that Johans (Johannes) has become "Hans"  (which is another form of the name).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ann-Mary - I changed my display name to comply and thanks for the link to the other forum.  It has been a few years since I posted here and it was unclear (because of Norwegian) exactly where to post my question.  Tyding av skannede kilder translates to "Timing of scanned sources" on Google translate!

Thanks Ivar for the transcription.

Michael

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ah, you asked where not if.  in 1865 census indicates residence is Høiberg, Vågå, Oppland  and indicates his birth was in Vågå. 

In 1875 census it indicates residence is Haugstulen, Vågå, Oppland with a birth place of Sel

So I have been looking in the Vågå parish records which include local parishes Vågå, Sel and Heidal

MIke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Michael. Have you found the marriage of Rønnaug and Jakop? His father’s name should be recorded there. As they have a son born around 1837, I guess they married around that time. I guess Hans is their oldest son (named after his paternal grandfather), but they may have had older daughters. Note that they may well have married after the first child was born. 

Endret av Per S. Nestande
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

26 minutter siden, Michael Baird skrev:

Thanks Ann-Mary - I hadn't found the marriage yet!

Hans birth I had found.

The marriage I have found is not "your" Jacob Hansen and Rønnoug Olsdatter.

Endret av Ann-Mary Engum
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The bride's name in this record is actually spelled Rønnog - also written Rønnaug / Rønnau.

The farm names are correctly interpreted by Bodil.

Shame on me: Berit found the correct farm (Barnaal)

Endret av Jon Erik Berg-Hansen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider