Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

using the advance search

Dreena Davis
 Del

I have had much trouble in using the search and advance search on this site.  As I don't write or speak Norwegian, I am not sure what title is asking for.  For example, the last name is that the family name or the farm name they used  (Christian Olsen Lien). 

Most of my searches comes up empty. Or, I have brought up a record and it seems not to have the same information as records did ten years ago (god parents). 

I have also read the help notes and they don't tell me what I am doing wrong.  I am wondering if you have a video on the changes within the past 5 years.  

thanks

Endret av Dreena Davis
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1. Start searching by only filling inn a few of the fields as this search only give you a hit if ALL fields you have filled in matches.

2. Use * if you are not sure how a name ends or start, for instans very useful if your are looking for Anne Olsdatter, but it might med Anna Olsen as well, search using Ann* as first name, and Ols*  as surname.

3. Notice that many sources 

3. If you get to many results, use geography and period to narrow it in.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider