Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Document at Universitetsbiblioteket i Bergen

Carl-Henry Geschwind
 Del

The Universitetsbiblioteket i Bergen has a document issued 20 July 1622 in Leikanger, Sogn og Fjordane. According to the online description at http://marcus.uib.no/instance/charter/ubb-1622-07-20.html, its content is as follows:

"Sølfest Tørjessøn på Åfet, Feios i Tjugum skipreide kunngjør, at han har solgt til Anders Lauritssøn på For i Luster en jordpart i Takle i Lavik skipreide på Sognfjara, som var hans barns rette og sanne odel. Han takker for god betaling. Sjøfests to sønner og svoger underskriver skjøtet, og lensmann i Tjugum skipreide og to andre menn blir anmodet om å besegle det."

I am very interested in finding out the names of Sølfest's two sons and "svoger" (sons-in-law?), as I suspect that one of the ancestors whom I am tracing, Erik Åfet, may be one of them. Unfortunately, the actual document is not online, and as I am in the United States, I can't just drive over to Bergen to look it up.

Whom should I turn to in order to get either a digital photograph or at least a transcription of this document?

Thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 2/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, Torodd Kinn said:

Try sending an e-mail to ubbspes@ub.uib.no and ask what they can do for you.

Thank you again for this suggestion. They were able to send me a PDF of the document, which shows indeed that Erik Åfet was Erik Sølfestsson Åfet (Erich Sølfestszønn I Aafidt), son of Sølfest Tørresson Åfet (Sølfest Tørissenn paa Aafitt). This adds two generations to what was in Lyngvær's Ættesoga for Leikanger.

Endret av Carl-Henry Geschwind
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

2 hours ago, Carl-Henry Geschwind said:

Thank you again for this suggestion. They were able to send me a PDF of the document, which shows indeed that Erik Åfet was Erik Sølfestsson Åfet (Erich Sølfestszønn I Aafidt), son of Sølfest Tørresson Åfet (Sølfest Tørissenn paa Aafitt). This adds two generations to what was in Lyngvær's Ættesoga for Leikanger.

Excellent!

tk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

For the sake of completeness, the others signing the document are Sølfest's son Thørisz Sølfestszønn Stierefuet [??] (Lyngvær notes that he lived at Sternegjerd 1625-1637 before moving to Feidje/Fedjane) and "Minn Suoger Hellie Fosze paa Søstrand" (Hellie Fosze in Siøstrand Skibredt paid head-tax in 1645 for his wife Sylue Sylfestdtr; the 1622 document thus indicates that she was a daughter of Sølfest Tørresson Åfet). The witnesses are "Lauridtz Simmenszen paa Fedie Lennszmannd i Thiugumbs skibrede, Hoffuer Knudtszenn paa Rinndt, som er Neste Odelszmand efter Minne Børnn thil samme godtz och Olluff Arnneszenn i Brenedall [Brenndall?]."

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This is very interesting for me! Helge Jonsen Fosse and his wife Sylvi Sylfestsdatter are my ancestors. I did not know where she came from, but the document proves that her father was Sølfest Tørressen Åfet, a son of Tørres Åfet in 1563.

Thanks for sharing this document with us!

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

31 minutes ago, Terje Tandsether said:

Here is "Erich Siluestersen, hans Alder 20 Aar" in a document from February 1615 (right side)

Beautiful! The age is about right, because Erich Aafid first appeared in the tax lists as a huusmand in 1620 (https://www.digitalarkivet.no/rk20080828680809, right side, fourth name from top).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider